The official "Big ass list of suggestions for the site" list

Ask anything about the site here. Chances are you'll get an answer.
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: The official "Big ass list of suggestions for the site" list

Post by LTS »

Peter wrote:
Peter wrote:
LTS wrote:
Janet wrote:You need a girlfriend.
I just got pwnt

But anyways, instead of just saying "some are good and some suck" please elaborate on WHICH ones..,

As for peters post, I challlenge this. The next tns awards should have a "most hated" category, because I don't think I'd win that one....
If you win then cut the shit and go back to be good old Luke . Ok?
I'd make a topic with a poll "most hated member" but i bet it would get locked.

But anyways. If the admins agree to add a most hated to the TNS awards, and i win that award, I'll try my hardest to "go back to the old LTS".

Deal?
One of a Kind of Something
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

V wrote:I don't have much time now, but for the first suggestion on DreamHost we couldn't email more than 100 users per day. Now on HostGator I hope we can beat that limit.
so you can't just go to the ACP, click "System" and click "mass email?"

If not , that's wierd.

A free forum can do that, but not this... hmm...
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

ones that aren't completely stupid:
LTS wrote:

Welcome PM on First Login- Allows administrators to create a message that will be sent to newly registered users upon their first login. (would be great to send a message informing users of the rules of the forum.
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=2889

Viewtopic Birthday- Display a birthday cake in viewtopic if the user has birthday.
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=6115

Contact Admin
Adds a mailto link to the index page for contacting the site admin.
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=3535

Posts per day
Adds a little extra info to the statistic box on the index page: Average posts per day since the board came into existence.
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=8365

Here are some more general ideas:
(Some of them Stolen/ Borrowed from PD)

1. the next time TNS has an "awards" thing, there should be a minimum 100 posts required to vote (i'm sure there was cheating on the last award)

3. how about Some TNS merch? you have any idea how cool a TNS t-shirt would be. (you can set that up at zazzle.com)

4. TNS should expand. the main page should be more than just a Sum 41 page. there should be different sections for each genre...

5. Fix the downloads, please

6. the "About Us" (main page) should have a paragraph about the History of TNS, behind the name, ect.

7. http://promoteam.theresnosolution.com/ (Need i say more?)

8. How about expanding TNS there's a spanish site and an english site. How about we do more languages. i'm sure some of the multi-lingual members would be glad to help.

9. there should be a link to the TNS store: (http://theresnosolution.com/forum/store.php) on the main page.

11. New main page poll. (how about have like 10 different polls, and a random one pops up when you load the page)
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

NoReason27 wrote:
4. TNS should expand. the main page should be more than just a Sum 41 page. there should be different sections for each genre...

You want TNS do be more than just sum 41? Like Pd?
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

Peter wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:

Already going that way with AlwaysFallingDown.com
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

how'd that get there? but honestly it wouldn't be a bad idea. it kinda sucks waiting all the time for Sum 41 news and updates. this site is too dependent on sum 41. especially if they make and album for a year, tour for a year, nothing for 6 months, then write a new CD for a year etc... it sucks. then less members come here, people get depressed and naggy, making more people depressed and making more people pissed off at the depressed people.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

NoReason27 wrote:how'd that get there? but honestly it wouldn't be a bad idea. it kinda sucks waiting all the time for Sum 41 news and updates. this site is too dependent on sum 41. especially if they make and album for a year, tour for a year, nothing for 6 months, then write a new CD for a year etc... it sucks. then less members come here, people get depressed and naggy, making more people depressed and making more people pissed off at the depressed people.
Last time I checked this was a Sum 41 website so... It's like natural for that to be that way.

But I do get the point.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

V wrote:
Peter wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:

Already going that way with AlwaysFallingDown.com
:2cool4u: :2cool4u:
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

I think that there's actually too many sections on this site already, we don't need sections for specific genres... and if you mean the main page, there's like a million of music websites already, this place is succeeding quite well as just a Sum 41 website. When Sum 41 releases new material, this place will probably get a lot more visitors.

Seriously, why do we need separate sections rather than just one Entertainment section that contains all of what the current Entertainment section contains? Sub sections in there are SO not needed. Just like how the Bootlegs section is almost pointless, too... Tech Talk could just be one section dedicated to ANYTHING like that, rather than separate sections for both macs and PC's. I don't see the point in continuously expanding on the sections. It's cool, though. It works with this place.

Comments on Luke's ideas:
I think the Welcome PM thing is a decent idea because it says that we are glad you joined and what not, and maybe it will get someone who just joins to stay here a little longer. Doubt it, but who knows?
Guess Timezone is decent too, because I think my timezone on this place is fucked. Actually, I don't, but I know it is on some websites. The idea of having all of these special groups... with special sections.... and what not is kinda lame to me. I mean, what's the point of having SO MANY exclusive sections with a website this small? SO MANY exclusive groups with a website this small? I just think that we need to get more members before thinking of adding all of these groups. However, I wouldn't be opposed to the TNS Sponsors group... that one is deserving. The poll idea is kinda good, too. I mean, I would probably look at the main page more if I cared about what new poll I'll be seeing.

My own thoughts:
Something I would recommend is maybe like a little instant message system if it's possible on here. Sometimes I wish to talk to users on here that don't have MSN, or aren't necessarily on MSN when I want to talk to them. Of course, it's not a necessity, it's just a want... TNS doesn't need it, but it would be kind of cool I guess.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips

Me as an admin? TNS has 7 admins and a Jordan. Sure, some don't come on much anymore, but Nic, V, Phili, and Jake! all get the job done... with Jordan's help I suppose. Phili made a comment in the Mod Chat section:
Phili wrote:The size of staff in relation to the TNS community is absolutely ridiculous. We have the same amount of admins as Bandaids does. For real. Making a little comparison here, Bandaids has nearly 500 people online as I type... TNS has 10. I'm perfectly fine with each and every admin here, but holy crap, really?
This place doesn't need anymore admins. I know I do a good job as a Global Moderator, but as Phili went on in her quote (I won't share any more of it), we hire too many under qualified and under trained admins. I am exactly that. I know just about everything that I can do as a mod, but it would take me quite a while to learn how to work this place as an admin. Just because a guy does a good job doesn't mean that he should be an admin. PD has only like 3 or 4 admins, and that's all they need. I'm pretty sure that the job an admin does is a lot more complex than a job that a moderator does. Of course, I'd take the job if I was ever offered, but I really doubt that it will happen in the near future, if it ever even does happen.

I am perfectly fine where I am now, and in reality, this place is perfectly fine the way it is right now.

[donate][/donate]
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I See Stars wrote:I think that there's actually too many sections on this site already, we don't need sections for specific genres... and if you mean the main page, there's like a million of music websites already, this place is succeeding quite well as just a Sum 41 website. When Sum 41 releases new material, this place will probably get a lot more visitors.
I believe that too! I mean when a favorite band of mine releases something new, I go straight to the site, fan site, or forums to see what members are talking about.
I See Stars wrote:Seriously, why do we need separate sections rather than just one Entertainment section that contains all of what the current Entertainment section contains? Sub sections in there are SO not needed. Just like how the Bootlegs section is almost pointless, too... Tech Talk could just be one section dedicated to ANYTHING like that, rather than separate sections for both macs and PC's. I don't see the point in continuously expanding on the sections. It's cool, though. It works with this place.
Yeah I even think that the Entertainment section is too big. On PD it's just one section, and I don't think that's bad. On here it just seems too big. I don't know why.
I See Stars wrote:My own thoughts:
Something I would recommend is maybe like a little instant message system if it's possible on here. Sometimes I wish to talk to users on here that don't have MSN, or aren't necessarily on MSN when I want to talk to them. Of course, it's not a necessity, it's just a want... TNS doesn't need it, but it would be kind of cool I guess.
Don't we have the little chat box on the bottom? It just seems to me that no one really uses it.
withchappedlips

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
I See Stars wrote:
Don't we have the little chat box on the bottom? It just seems to me that no one really uses it.
What I meant by that was a private chat box with someone, like an MSN or AIM style thing... Facebook has it. I have a lot of things I wish to discuss with people on here that aren't necessarily on MSN at the time I wish to discuss it with them... but I don't want to talk about it in the Chat Box because it's private.

[donate][/donate]
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I See Stars wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
I See Stars wrote:
What I meant by that was a private chat box with someone, like an MSN or AIM style thing... Facebook has it. I have a lot of things I wish to discuss with people on here that aren't necessarily on MSN at the time I wish to discuss it with them... but I don't want to talk about it in the Chat Box because it's private.
oh ok I gotcha! Yeah that would be pretty cool! And thanks for changing my name! :razz:
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

Kyle, how long did it take you to type all that?

Fuck that's a lot...
withchappedlips

Sum41Ant27 wrote: oh ok I gotcha! Yeah that would be pretty cool! And thanks for changing my name! :razz:
No problem. It's one of the easiest things on here for me to do.
Peter wrote:Kyle, how long did it take you to type all that?

Fuck that's a lot...
I type fast, and I'm not sure how long. I started typing the second part not long after finishing the first... who knows.

[donate][/donate]
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

I See Stars wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
I See Stars wrote:
I might be missing your point, but isn't that what PMs are for?
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

LTS wrote: I might be missing your point, but isn't that what PMs are for?
I don't think that PMs do the trick, using an Instant Message thingy is much better, when two people are discussing something.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

madjid wrote:
I don't think that PMs do the trick, using an Instant Message thingy is much better, when two people are discussing something.
PMs are like an e-mail, if we are comparing it to other online communications.
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
withchappedlips

PMs are for sending email style messages to one (or multiple) members on the website. If you notice, they're even set up like an email... To: Subject: Message:

With PMs it's like "ohai, here's something for you to reply to in like 10 hours"... some sort of messaging system it would be like "ohai, whats up? same. how's life? really? that's so cool! i want to have sex with your sister."

[donate][/donate]
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

LTS wrote:
I See Stars wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
I See Stars wrote:
I might be missing your point, but isn't that what PMs are for?
Yeah it takes longer (maybe a minute more), but the instant messaging is quicker. Oh well I'm pretty much always on here or msn. So people can always talk to me! :razz: