What're your thoughts about parents and facebook?

Whatever you want to talk about!
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

What're your thoughts about parents and facebook?

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I fucking HATE parents on facebook.

I'm bloody sick and tired of having to limit and censor my profile because my friends'/boyfriend's parents, my aunts and uncles, etc. want to add me on facebook and play pretend they aren't actual adults.

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way? It seems an insane amount of kids are all for their parents getting facebook, and even like, almost force them into making a page.

I HATE it.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

i think its fine that parents get a facebook, but they should DEFINITELY not make their page fake. if its really them, they should make their page about themselves, and not pretend to be someone else just to become friends with the younger ppl they know. also, we should not have to limit or censor our profiles just because the adults may view them. they have to understand that this is the Internet, and thats how it is, kids do certain things that arent necessarily appropriate for them. i also feel that the adults should not try to persuade the kids to "censor" their profiles, because thats another thing adults need to understand, is that online is really the one place kids today can truly express themselves.
Last edited by sprinks41 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

I'm with you I hate it too. :x
Brownmetal
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeffrey

Post by Brownmetal »

Don't have my own facebook acc yet(lol) But yeah, i've seen my friend get annoyed many times when someone pretending to be young tries to be friends with him...and then he finds out it's actually his parents lmao...
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

my uncle has facebook and added me...i just hope he never looks at my page or anything, and if he did, i'm sure he wouldn't say anything
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
K.
Chuck
n00b: R.
AKA: kanguv41
Instrument 1: bass

Post by K. »

My mom has got that shit she always in the facebook with her uni or highschool friends.She is always in that shit
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

yeah I know how you feel my mom does the same with the msn
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

Nah, my parents don't pretend to be my friend on facebook.
They just beat me.

Guest is my noob.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I don't mean they're ACTUALLY pretending to be young...I just think by getting a facebook - that in itself is pretending to be young.

No one's ever asked me to censor my profile...but I chose to, as there is things on there that I don't want my grandparents to see (ie. with Aunts and Uncles)...and I have a judgemental almost mother-in-law who would likely save my obscene pictures and send them to all her friends/boyfriend's grandparents...so I don't really have a choice.

The last thing I need is my/boyfriend's grandparents seeing me poledancing, posing various obscene ways with condom-ice cubes, or out drunk and hanging out with random guys at bars, etc. etc.

(My boyfriend's mom got facebook last night...hense the ranting...aunts/friend's parents/etc. I can deal with by just limiting my pictures to show them...but with her - I have to limit my wall and everything because she's a snoopy mentalcase)

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
K.
Chuck

Post by K. »

Still_Waiting wrote:yeah I know how you feel my mom does the same with the msn
Last edited by K. on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.
Chuck

Post by K. »

My mom has msn and facebook and she always in those things when she is in the pc.My father has only msn.And my parents divorced and i live with my mom.And they are chatting with other people i hate it.
Last edited by K. on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

kanguv41 wrote:
My mom has msn and facebook and she always in those things when she is in the pc.My father has only msn.And my parents divorced and i live with my mom.And they are chatting with other people i hate it.
my mom hasn't got msn but she always ask with whom i speak and stuff
Jonny
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Jonny »

kanguv41 wrote:
She's in the pc!!! wow!!

Guest is my noob.
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

I don't get in my kids Facebook profiles when I'm online.
Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:No one's ever asked me to censor my profile...but I chose to, as there is things on there that I don't want my grandparents to see (ie. with Aunts and Uncles)...and I have a judgemental almost mother-in-law who would likely save my obscene pictures and send them to all her friends/boyfriend's grandparents...so I don't really have a choice.
Anyway... Can I get your Facebook profile address?

Haha
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Don't have a faceparty, never even heard of it
[donate][/donate]
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

V wrote:I don't get in my kids Facebook profiles when I'm online.
Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:No one's ever asked me to censor my profile...but I chose to, as there is things on there that I don't want my grandparents to see (ie. with Aunts and Uncles)...and I have a judgemental almost mother-in-law who would likely save my obscene pictures and send them to all her friends/boyfriend's grandparents...so I don't really have a choice.
Anyway... Can I get your Facebook profile address?

Haha
*lol* Just the address won't do you a lot of good...it's highly classified business haha.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, it's kind of weird. My parents can really work a computer let alone make themselves as Facebook account.

It felt awkward having adult friends (from college) on Facebook though because I also felt like I had to hide stuff about my life. But I just hope that they realize that I'm an 18 year old guy, straight out of high school, I'm going to want to party and party hard and do stupid shit and be irresponsible here and there.

I think they do, which is cool. And I think all my relatives know how "energetic" I can be. So I'm not really worried about them seeing pictures of me slamming two beers at once or lying in random gutters.
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

i dont like i have a lot of older cousins on it so theres always some pics i cant put on there cause they will probley tell my parents lol. thank god my parents dont have a clue what to do on computers lol
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Oh crap, I forgot about the cousins, haha. I have a couple younger siblings and cousins that use Facebook and I suppose it wouldn't be cool if they saw all my pictures on me drunk out of my mind or doing stupid poses in pictures. But it's a good thing they're in the "puberty age" right now. They probably think I'm so cool, haha. :roll:
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:*lol* Just the address won't do you a lot of good...it's highly classified business haha.
Oh but I know this guy that knows a guy that had a classmate whose cousin was a really talented hacker that once took control of NASA computers and had a rocket launched to the moon with his name on it and because of that the Russian government hired him to make the sequel for the Tetris videogame.

Yeah, the tetris was invented by a guy from Russia.

So what I'm saying is that maybe he could get your pictures!

Oh I should really get some sleep.
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.