Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Green Day

Post by Gregorovich »

Emil wrote:Yeah, he fucked up big time, showing of his pubes at a concert were most of the audience were 12 year old girls waiting for the other performers and then ending on a high note by having a immature rant when they weren't even cut off?
I don't think I saw any 12-year-old girls in the audience to be honest. And they were cut off.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

tbf. If I'd have released an album as bad as 21st Century Breakdown I would be abusing drugs right now. Until I died.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

Gregorovich wrote:
Emil wrote:Yeah, he fucked up big time, showing of his pubes at a concert were most of the audience were 12 year old girls waiting for the other performers and then ending on a high note by having a immature rant when they weren't even cut off?
I don't think I saw any 12-year-old girls in the audience to be honest. And they were cut off.
They weren't cut off, read the statement.
I'm my worst enemy
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

stevo32 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
They weren't cut off, read the statement.
That was a legal precaution. Saying it was the Billie's fault pretty much saved them from getting into real trouble with the organisers. The entire band and the audience were clearly pissed off; it was just Billie who took it to the next level. Can you imagine what would have happened if they had issued a statement saying that the organisers had actually cut them off, and that their reactions were justified?

In my opinion, the only thing the band did wrong was to stop playing and make a fuss about it - they could have done the Sum 41 thing and carry on the show after being cut off which would have been a massive PR success for the band. But it just so happened that BJ was fucked at the time so welp.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I don't really care if they were cut of or not, what annoys me is that he acted like a total asshole and an arrogant prick by claiming that HE, not the band, had been around since 1988 and that he weren't Justin Bieber, whatever that has to do with anything. He could have done the cool thing and just walked off but he decided to act like a rebellious 16-year old, which to me at least is pathetic.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Man, drugs turn you into a badass. :2cool4u:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

@ 0:30

OH. MY. SKUMFUK.
What could this mean!?!?! Is it-a-a-a-a QUARTET of ALBUMZ!!!! :ohshiz: :ohshiz:
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hoocher »

A fourgy of albums.......
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I just opened my cd, and saw that too! I'm kinda wondering what that's going to be. Either live songs of the new songs or b-sides? I really don't know what that's going to be about.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Quatro is the documentary which covers the conception of the three albums. It will be sent to those who preordered boxsets.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Gregorovich wrote:Quatro is the documentary which covers the conception of the three albums. It will be sent to those who preordered boxsets.
boner kill.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

New snippet from Dos! Sounds really good to me! Though it sounds like mix of Give Me Novacaine and Favorite Son...
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Got the album yesterday, To me the whole thing sounds like one continuous song. but I think I like Stay The Night and Fell for You the best because they have more tempo changes and a 60's vibe
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

samueeL wrote:New snippet from Dos! Sounds really good to me! Though it sounds like mix of Give Me Novacaine and Favorite Son...
I actually like this one a who lot. I think Dos is going to be better....hopefully
fenderrocks wrote:Got the album yesterday, To me the whole thing sounds like one continuous song. but I think I like Stay The Night and Fell for You the best because they have more tempo changes and a 60's vibe
I was thinking the same thing! There's a few songs that are "different" but they all seemed the same to me too! Sadly kinda like Billy Talent's new cd too.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

From what I've heard so far- Dos is going to rock :2cool4u:.Probably going to be the best in the trilogy in my opinion.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I managed to avoid all the song previews of Uno (besides Oh Love) and was pleasantly surprised to get caught up in the album. It's still in my head. I don't know if I can put off listening to Dos previews now that I'm back in a super Green Day mode. That Lazy Bones sounded pretty good.. Uno seemed to have a singular mood and I'm excited for Dos and Tres to go deeper.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
samueeL wrote:New snippet from Dos! Sounds really good to me! Though it sounds like mix of Give Me Novacaine and Favorite Son...
I actually like this one a who lot. I think Dos is going to be better....hopefully
fenderrocks wrote:Got the album yesterday, To me the whole thing sounds like one continuous song. but I think I like Stay The Night and Fell for You the best because they have more tempo changes and a 60's vibe
I was thinking the same thing! There's a few songs that are "different" but they all seemed the same to me too! Sadly kinda like Billy Talent's new cd too.
wow that clip sounds amazing! I'm so much more excited for Dos than i ever was for Uno.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I read this yesterday, thought it was kind of interesting. (There's actually a lot of interesting articles on Cracked. I spent an entire day on there just reading, haha).

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-wa ... down-ever/

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of the albums. While ¡Uno! didn't have me shitting my pants with excitement, I did enjoy it for what it was. My favorite track, honestly, was Kill the DJ followed by Rusty James and Let Yourself Go. I heard that ¡Dos! is supposed to be more raunchier garage rock, which I'm interested in listening to. Then I heard that ¡Tre! will appeal to the American Idiot/21st Century Breakdown fans. To put it short, I'm looking forward to the rest of the trilogy and I hope none of the previews put me off because I'm probably going to listen to them.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Lazy Bones sounds cool. Also nice little tweet from Zebrahead.
just bought green day's new album "uno" on itunes. Listening and being happy. @GreenDay @BJAofficial #todayisagoodday
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

Official Tracklist for ¡DOS! and Stray Heart is on the list!!! :D :D :D

1. See You Tonight
2. Fuck Time
3. Stop When The Red Lights Flash