Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Huuf
First name: Klaas

Re: Green Day

Post by Huuf »

That's some angry American.
pteargriffin
Bunkface

Post by pteargriffin »

green day is def from america haha, and uh, they've def never been against america, they love america and that's why they reserve the right to comment on how they feel everything's going in this country, and the american idiot album isn't even all that political, there's 2 songs that you could say are directly political, and thats american idiot and holiday
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Ugh, leave the hate out of here. I know it should be a topic for all "discussion" but the hating crap can stay out.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I'm getting Awesome As Fuck along with PATD! new cd Tuesday. It'll pass the time for next week. I went to a Green Day show, last summer, and they played for over 3 hours. Really fun, but my legs were killing me from standing so long! :razz:
PyroAMYac
Bunkface
First name: Amy
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Guitar
Last.fm Username: Mckredie

Post by PyroAMYac »

Still Waiting wrote:
sumfan4 wrote:Green Day sucks and they are raging douchebags who think they know how politics work in America when they are not even from the US, but they complain about stuff as if it were a burden to them. And for Americans to give them such attention and great reviews for American Idiot even though it was only 3 years after 9/11 and all it did was insult Americans, is completely disgraceful. Fuck America? NO, FUCK YOU GREENDAY!!!
hey redneck they're from california, last time I checked that state belonged to the US, or as you call it, america
This geezer has issues, where does he THINK they're from?!

And also, just to put this out there, GREEN DAY ROCK BAND IS IMMENSE :silly: I'm loving the harmonies thing and although I can play most of their [more well known] stuff on REAL guitar, it's still awesome....Anyone else got it?

"I wish it was raining, 'cause I hate every beautiful day"
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

PyroAMYac wrote:
Still Waiting wrote:
sumfan4 wrote:Green Day sucks and they are raging douchebags who think they know how politics work in America when they are not even from the US, but they complain about stuff as if it were a burden to them. And for Americans to give them such attention and great reviews for American Idiot even though it was only 3 years after 9/11 and all it did was insult Americans, is completely disgraceful. Fuck America? NO, FUCK YOU GREENDAY!!!
hey redneck they're from california, last time I checked that state belonged to the US, or as you call it, america

And also, just to put this out there, GREEN DAY ROCK BAND IS IMMENSE :silly: I'm loving the harmonies thing and although I can play most of their [more well known] stuff on REAL guitar, it's still awesome....Anyone else got it?
I've played it once or twice.. best fucking Rock Band out there. It's alotta fun.
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Billie sends kids to their death :(
Spoiler: show
shameless self promotion
Last edited by Tyler. on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Tyler. just so you know you just copy the thing after "=" So it'd be [youtube]IUygniOloMM [/youtube
Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Zell1010 »

PyroAMYac wrote:
Still Waiting wrote:

Most of the Green Day's repertoire of songs is easy enough to play on guitar and bass. Their songs were the first songs I learnt when I first picked up a guitar and a bass. I wish GDRB had a bit more variety in its tracklist, but I can understand why the tracklist is the way it is. It is really fun though!
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

samueeL wrote:Tyler. just so you know you just copy the thing after "=" So it'd be [youtube]IUygniOloMM [/youtube
Ah that's how it works over here. It's a bit different 182online so I was confused haha.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

fuck this signature nonsense
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Gregorovich wrote:For any of you non-believers...

http://www.tu.tv/videos/21st-century-br ... er-oficial
wait, what am I supposed to se here? btw. great video.
peacock41
Hooch
First name: Ryan

Post by peacock41 »

im not impressed with the new dvd ..... didnt capture the green day live feeling ... i hate the editing ... shots cut 2 quick .. random black and white bits screen size randomly changes ( black borders ) and the cut many bits from the show ... water guns ... toilet paper gun ... shooting the t shirts .... no minority.. basketcase... king for a day ... brain stew ... hitching a ride .. a lot of banter between songs ... or it cuts to random pointless backstage footage .. or shows photographs ... i want to watch the dvd if i wanted pics id google the show lol
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

gejmik wrote:

it's just a great representation of all green day's works.
fuck this signature nonsense
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

Gregorovich wrote:
gejmik wrote:

it's just a great representation of all green day's works.
ummm yeah, then I had seen what was I supposed to see :happy:
Last edited by gejmik on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

No offence but that description fits better with Sum 41 and UH. Not to mention Green Day are an American band and you clearly are pretty dumb since most of AI isn't even political as much a it describes life in America. The only real political songs on that record are Holiday and American Idiot. Educate yourself please.
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

Zell1010 wrote:
PyroAMYac wrote: And also, just to put this out there, GREEN DAY ROCK BAND IS IMMENSE :silly: I'm loving the harmonies thing and although I can play most of their [more well known] stuff on REAL guitar, it's still awesome....Anyone else got it?
Most of the Green Day's repertoire of songs is easy enough to play on guitar and bass. Their songs were the first songs I learnt when I first picked up a guitar and a bass. I wish GDRB had a bit more variety in its tracklist, but I can understand why the tracklist is the way it is. It is really fun though!
Yeah same, they were the first songs I learnt too...some of the bass is pretty cool though, its not just all boring and repetitive (most of the time) :roll: What do you mean about tracklist variety? You think there's too much stuff from AI and 21CB?

Zell1010
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Zell1010 »

PyroAMYac wrote:
Zell1010 wrote:
PyroAMYac wrote: And also, just to put this out there, GREEN DAY ROCK BAND IS IMMENSE :silly: I'm loving the harmonies thing and although I can play most of their [more well known] stuff on REAL guitar, it's still awesome....Anyone else got it?
Yeah same, they were the first songs I learnt too...some of the bass is pretty cool though, its not just all boring and repetitive (most of the time) :roll: What do you mean about tracklist variety? You think there's too much stuff from AI and 21CB?
Yeah, for some of it. And some of my favourite GD songs that were singles, like Walking Contradiction, weren't on there. It's not that I don't like AI, 21CB and Dookie, and I can understand why they are on there, but I wish there was more variety.
PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

peacock41 wrote:im not impressed with the new dvd ..... didnt capture the green day live feeling ... i hate the editing ... shots cut 2 quick .. random black and white bits screen size randomly changes ( black borders ) and the cut many bits from the show ... water guns ... toilet paper gun ... shooting the t shirts .... no minority.. basketcase... king for a day ... brain stew ... hitching a ride .. a lot of banter between songs ... or it cuts to random pointless backstage footage .. or shows photographs ... i want to watch the dvd if i wanted pics id google the show lol
What?! No King For A Day! But that was one of the coolest/funniest parts of the show when I saw them!!
Last edited by PyroAMYac on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PyroAMYac
Bunkface

Post by PyroAMYac »

Zell1010 wrote:
PyroAMYac wrote:
Zell1010 wrote:
Yeah, for some of it. And some of my favourite GD songs that were singles, like Walking Contradiction, weren't on there. It's not that I don't like AI, 21CB and Dookie, and I can understand why they are on there, but I wish there was more variety.
And ah right I see where you're coming from, I guess they were just putting on more songs that more people know, if that makes sense, trying to appeal more to the...general..green day-loving public? (as opposed to more die-hard fans type i mean) My main favourites to play along to were on there at any rate...