new cd will come!
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: sum 41 done touring this album.

Post by SociallyInept »

What do you think the next album (if they do one) is gonna sound like?

I hope its closer to DTLI and Chuck this time. That would only be fair, seeing as they kinda returned to HHOP/AKNF style on UH.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well first of all, that sucks, but on the other hand, maybe because they saw UH didn't do as good as their past albums and because now they are not going to tour anymore, maybe it gives a chance for an earlier than expected album. I sure hope this thing will motivate them to do a better album, instead of bringing them down.
I mean, i hope they won't take another time off/hiatus... cuz they already went on a short hiatus after Chuck. i mean, from the end of 2005 til like September 2006 when they got back again the studio - they did nothing all year, i mean, nothing happened with the band, except for Dave leaving of course :sad:

So i think the best thing they can do is rest in the summer... oh wait a sec! release that b-side with Cone singing first of all :razz: , then they can go rest in the summer, write songs, relax, hang out with their girlfriends, whatever, and then maybe in around December or next January get in the studio again and maybe work on an album for a summer/fall 2009 release, which could be great.
I mean, its not really healthy (for the fans and band's image) to take a time off of like a year after every album, so they should not waste time, they should rest til the end of the year and then what better can they do then start working on a new Sum 41 album? :grin:
Meanwhile Cone can also finish off with the upcoming Operation M.D. album which i hope will be as good as the first or better :razz:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I think if Sum 41 were to do a new album, it should be something new or redefine themselves in some sort of way. Kind of like what Blink 182 did with their last album. That last abum gave me a different outlook on the band and made me like them more.

The problem I see is that Deryck doesn't want to be a guitarist and he doesn't seem to let Cone get creative with his basslines.
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

Hentaiman wrote:Well first of all, that sucks, but on the other hand, maybe because they saw UH didn't do as good as their past albums and because now they are not going to tour anymore, maybe it gives a chance for an earlier than expected album. I sure hope this thing will motivate them to do a better album, instead of bringing them down.
I mean, i hope they won't take another time off/hiatus... cuz they already went on a short hiatus after Chuck. i mean, from the end of 2005 til like September 2006 when they got back again the studio - they did nothing all year, i mean, nothing happened with the band, except for Dave leaving of course :sad:

So i think the best thing they can do is rest in the summer... oh wait a sec! release that b-side with Cone singing first of all :razz: , then they can go rest in the summer, write songs, relax, hang out with their girlfriends, whatever, and then maybe in around December or next January get in the studio again and maybe work on an album for a summer/fall 2009 release, which could be great.
I mean, its not really healthy (for the fans and band's image) to take a time off of like a year after every album, so they should not waste time, they should rest til the end of the year and then what better can they do then start working on a new Sum 41 album? :grin:
Meanwhile Cone can also finish off with the upcoming Operation M.D. album which i hope will be as good as the first or better :razz:
I hate reading paragraphs.....
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

FUCK THAT.

ya, DON't come back to SK & MN., THAT WOULD BE FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!1

FUCK!!!!!!!

can anyone tell i am pissed?!!?!?! :mad:

im gonna.......gonna.... FUCK! i don't know what im gonna do! :cry:
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

NoReason27 wrote:FUCK THAT.

ya, DON't come back to SK & MN., THAT WOULD BE FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!1

FUCK!!!!!!!

can anyone tell i am pissed?!!?!?! :mad:

im gonna.......gonna.... FUCK! i don't know what im gonna do! :cry:
Can you do me?
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

those "...." means there is a pause. is just like a comma, ending a thought and starting a new one in the same sentence.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

NoReason27 wrote:those "...." means there is a pause. is just like a comma, ending a thought and starting a new one in the same sentence.
You got me excited :cry:

:geek:
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

SociallyInept wrote:What do you think the next album (if they do one) is gonna sound like?

I hope its closer to DTLI and Chuck this time. That would only be fair, seeing as they kinda returned to HHOP/AKNF style on UH.
i really hope they bring the DTLI?/Chuck sound back but i dont think its gonna happen seeing as i think Dave brought in a lot of that.

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
King of Contradiction
Bunkface

Post by King of Contradiction »

I think Sum41 will probably take at least a year off to find themselves again. It would be nice if they could give us something to tide us over, like a DVD or a live album, fat chance of that though.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

hentaiman brought up an interesting tidbit, i'm asking cone about the ol' song with him singing.

ps everyone who remembers me rules.
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Pedro
Resident Skumfuk
n00b: boni/half of sandro

Post by Pedro »

[quote="Rick"
ps everyone who remembers me rules.[/quote]
I remember you :neutral:
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

i highly doubt they're done touring. they said their plan was to tour a lot longer with this album, and even with Deryck hurting his back they went back to touring while he was still a little injured. plus, Underclass Hero definitely was a successful album for them. i dont understand why ppl are saying it did nothing for them
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

sprinks41 wrote:plus, Underclass Hero definitely was a successful album for them. i dont understand why ppl are saying it did nothing for them
What did it do for them?
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Peterr »

I think there next album will be the best. (If there is one....)
sprinks41
Walking Disaster

Post by sprinks41 »

Gunner wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:plus, Underclass Hero definitely was a successful album for them. i dont understand why ppl are saying it did nothing for them
What did it do for them?
a lot of ppl thought it was their best one, plus it debuted at #7 on the billboards. i think that says something
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

sprinks41 wrote:
Gunner wrote:
What did it do for them?
a lot of ppl thought it was their best one, plus it debuted at #7 on the billboards. i think that says something
With Me got on that MTV show.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster

Post by sprinks41 »

Bass Cone wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:
Gunner wrote:
What did it do for them?
With Me got on that MTV show.
Gossip Girl i think it's called
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

sprinks41 wrote:
Gunner wrote:
What did it do for them?
Yeah, Underclass was their highest debut, but after Deryck hurt his back things got swept under the carpet and the album kind of flew off the radar so to speak. Even when the band came back to tour in February/March there didn't really seem like there was enough momentum. A lot of their shows had to be downsized to smaller venues because of low ticket sales as far as I can remember. I mean it's more punk, but...