yikes kinda harsh (What Cone thinks of BB)

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Except for on the radio...or on their myspace if you were wanting to hear something but not REALLY listen to the album....

I'm not saying for sure he didn't listen because really, how could I know? But one could even make that comment without hearing ANY of it, since it's widely known that the album is metal-esq...

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

Yeah, but you'd think that Cone would, considering he's the only one who's still sort of in contact with Dave...

And it's really hardly on the radio at all... and I haven't checked lately but I think other songs from the album are on Brown Brigade's myspace. So meh...
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

It is on the radio here *shrug* Different stations, I guess.

There are only like, 3 songs from the album, I believe. And the Garden Tool new one.

Either way. Sounds like a cop out answer to me.

If someone asked me what I thought of Metallica's latest album, which I haven't heard at all, I could still say "It sounds like metal", and be right.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Actually, I'm not sure they even are still in contact. Last I ever heard of them talking at all, was Dave calling Cone to invite him to a Toronto BB show back in 2006...and leaving a message on his machine. And Cone not going to the show.

Meh. Not like it really matters at all. I don't know why I keep posting, I think I'm lonely haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

lol haha

Cone and Dave were in contact at all after the break up? i didn't know it.
I would think Steve would be the one to be still in contact with Dave and the one to go to a BB concert. they we're the more metal guys of Sum 41.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

To me, Cone never seemed to be a man of many words when replying to messages and stuff. I don't know. It's hard to judge a person's tone on the computer when they write very little and don't use smilies and stuff to enhance the personality of their messages.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Hentaiman wrote:lol haha

Cone and Dave were in contact at all after the break up? i didn't know it.
I would think Steve would be the one to be still in contact with Dave and the one to go to a BB concert. they we're the more metal guys of Sum 41.
Cone was the only one who's had any contact with Dave since the split. And that wasn't much of contact, and it was back in 2006, even. Sooo...yeah.

No Steve contact.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

well when deryck hurt himself but we really didn't know what happened i messaged dave and was like "have you heard the news" and he said no but he put a call into the guys right away
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Sometimes Cone has really lengthy responses, sometimes he doesn't.

But, yeah, Steve may have been the other metal guy in the band, but Dave was probably the closest with Cone in the band. Steve is Deryck's best friend, and he has been for, what is it, 13 years now? They have a clear bond. And when 2 people in the band are really close, the other two tend to become closer too.

I mean, obviously Cone is very close with Steve and Deryck too, probably much more so than Dave was, and he's probably even closer with them now that Dave's gone. Thinking about it that way, Dave leaving was inevitable, even without the other factors.

About what Rick said, what Dave did in that situation means a lot. He didn't wait to find out what happened, he called immediately. That makes me think that he's still in touch with someone from the band, and it's probably Cone.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
DUBWOOD
Bunkface

Post by DUBWOOD »

no matter what you say, there's still gotta be some animosity between dave and the guys, even if they stay friends cause they experience so much together.

years from now, when they all have solo records lol, they'll all appreciate what they created both as a group and individually.

the respect will always be there, and it'll only grow with time.
***MY FIRST SUM41 ALBUM WASN'T ALL KILLER***
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

It always seemed like Deryck and Dave we're a better friends, and Cone and Steve we're always the other two.

for example, their crazy videos: 1-800-Justice, Basketball Butcher, this gay video where Cone & Steve like take drugs, and shit like that, and interviews and stuff.
There was like this interview about Paris Hilton's Sex Tape with Deryck since he was her ex, but from some reason, of all, Dave was there with him.
Plus, as the guitarists of the band, they gave this Guitar Lesson for Total Guitar together even though Deryck was unnecessary and was almost never asked to do anything,
and so is in other interviews and stuff.
it always seemed to me like that.

and Yeah, i'm sure there is respect and Dave is ... he sounds like such a great guy. in interviews now with BB and i emails and all, he sounds like a great guy who even hard to believe you can hate him, just cuz he wanted to do something else with his music, so it doesn't seems like Dave ever wanted to stop being friends with the guys... but seems like Deryck is the most bitter about it, from all of them.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Hentaiman wrote:and Yeah, i'm sure there is respect and Dave is ... he sounds like such a great guy. in interviews now with BB and i emails and all, he sounds like a great guy who even hard to believe you can hate him, just cuz he wanted to do something else with his music, so it doesn't seems like Dave ever wanted to stop being friends with the guys... but seems like Deryck is the most bitter about it, from all of them.
I'm sure sumfan will have a problem with my posting this, but I don't care haha. Dave is a really amazing person. He's genuine, caring, intelligent, and most importantly - he's REAL. 100%. What you see/read in interviews and emails and all that...it's 100% real, and 100% who he is. It's very hard for me to understand anyone ever having any animosity towards him either, and I do agree it seems Deryck has bitterness about it.

But, we can't be inside either of their heads to really understand the emotion and where it comes from.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
HilgaMan
Chuck
First name: Ilkka
AKA: TheSexyHilgaMonster

Post by HilgaMan »

Hentaiman wrote:
HilgaMan wrote:I agree that Cone does not look mean :D and yeh it sounded like Stevos answer
you just say it cuz you're my n00b :lol:
Hey man thats not true! :lol: i really think it that way
Hentaimans N00B! Mess with me and before you know it, you end up in a coffin. Jealous?
Sumfan is my n00b.
hem is my grand-n00b.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

yeah if any of you have met dave, he is the most real and true guy there is. i was very surprisingly shocked. at the one BB show everyone was crowding around dave because he was obviously the big "star" guy. but dave talked to everyone for a bit. BUT then since it was after the show, the guys from BB were cleaning up all their stuff and packing it away, and dave who was crowded with people said "a band is a team and i am part of that team, so i need to help out." and then just started putting stuff away. it was rad
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

i think he didnt really have much to say about brown brigade so he just said that
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Rick. wrote:yeah if any of you have met dave, he is the most real and true guy there is. i was very surprisingly shocked. at the one BB show everyone was crowding around dave because he was obviously the big "star" guy. but dave talked to everyone for a bit. BUT then since it was after the show, the guys from BB were cleaning up all their stuff and packing it away, and dave who was crowded with people said "a band is a team and i am part of that team, so i need to help out." and then just started putting stuff away. it was rad
He really is a prince amoung men, eh? He's one of the nicest and most caring people I've ever known...and to think he's actually a celebrity even. That NEVER happens.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

yeah for sure, an incredible man. very well read too.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Sounds like a great guy to meet :D
I wish i could meet him!
Phili
Underclass Hero

Post by Phili »

Hentaiman wrote:It always seemed like Deryck and Dave we're a better friends, and Cone and Steve we're always the other two.
Cone and Steve ARE always together, and that's because they're close and they have a lot of fun together. Cone's really that person for both Steve and Deryck. But Deryck and Steve are the best friends in the band and it's always been that way.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Phili wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:It always seemed like Deryck and Dave we're a better friends, and Cone and Steve we're always the other two.
Cone and Steve ARE always together, and that's because they're close and they have a lot of fun together. Cone's really that person for both Steve and Deryck. But Deryck and Steve are the best friends in the band and it's always been that way.
I'm not trying to undermind your knowledge...but...what are you basing that on? Did they actually outright say that, or are you just assuming based on what you've seen?

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.