Les Paul Juniors Anyone?

Play guitar? Don't know tabs? We can help you out right here.
Jeremy Kill
Les Paul Juniors Anyone?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

So yeah, this topic is dedicated to the Gibson Les Paul Jr. which now I all of a sudden have taken a liking to! I don't know much about it, so if anyone wants to spill any info on it, feel free!

Cost? Availability? Colors? Pickups? Versatility?

I know Blow Job Armstrong from Green Day has a signature Les Paul Jr. so if I can't find a standard one anywhere, I might just settle for his in classic white.
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

I have a red epiphone les paul junior. It's pretty good. Here's some review for it:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ ... ul_junior/
The Forgotten Son
Hooch

Post by The Forgotten Son »

you want a Billie Joe sig?
You know that it costs alot more than a standard one?
The Forgotten Son
Hooch

Post by The Forgotten Son »

Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

The Forgotten Son wrote:you want a Billie Joe sig?
You know that it costs alot more than a standard one?
Well if I couldn't find a standard one I might have to settle for it because I couldn't find the standard on Gibson's website, but thanks!
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

i personally think its a bad look and bad sound quality. i wanted either a les paul junior or a gison sg 61' reissue. sg's are much better.
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

dude i've played the epiphone les pauls junior and they fucking suck, they don't worth it at all, maybe you should try a gibson but it'll way more expensive.

PS: I've seen deryck with a yellow les paul junior
Blastero

Post by Blastero »

I'm a big fan of Juniors myself, although I don't own any.

I don't know much about those "Standard" ones, although I'm pretty sure they're mostly online-only items.

The ones you'll usually find in stores, the ones which I have actually played, are the Custom Shop ones and the Billie Joe models. Aside from the Standard, there isn't really anything available to you if you aren't willing to drop at least $1000.

I've played them, and I really like how they sound. I love the P-90.

And yeah, Deryck uses Juniors in the studio sometimes. I know for a fact that he used them on some songs on Underclass Hero. Underclass Hero and March of the Dogs almost definitely have some Les Paul Junior on them, which is probably part of the reason why people keep saying that March of the Dogs sounds like something off American Idiot. I don't know about before Underclass Hero. I think I read in the Q&A that he's had a Les Paul Junior for a while before Underclass Hero, but I don't know if he's ever used it to record before that album.
SociallyInept
King of Contradiction
First name: Troy
Instrument 1: Vocals
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by SociallyInept »

Byzzy wrote:dude i've played the epiphone les pauls junior and they fucking suck, they don't worth it at all, maybe you should try a gibson but it'll way more expensive.

PS: I've seen deryck with a yellow les paul junior
It plays fine and it looks beautiful.

It's just the stock pickup that's shit.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

^^dude, i'm dead serious. The epiphone les paul junior fucking suck, it's a waste of money.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well i guess in this case a Gibson one is better, they're pretty cheap for an original Gibson.

I got a standart Epiphone Les Paul for example cuz Gibson standart is way too expensive than this and the sound in mine is great, though original Gibson Les Paul Junior isn't that expensive at all.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Cool, hopefully I find myself a nice Gibson Les Paul Jr. from the Custom Shop somewhere near me.
goonday41

Post by goonday41 »

Gunner, make sure you check this one out before any of the gibson stuff. yes its epiphone, but what makes it special is that it has a set neck and an upgraded pickup. i personally think its better than the standard gibson junior, and for half the price. And its the same color as Derycks!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Li ... 3527&urx=1

P.S. The Billie Joe Junior is a HUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEE ripoff. yes the white is damn sexy, but i played one and felt that its worth no more than $700. it was a pretty nice guitar, but it felt kind of cheap. you can tell they are mass produced and take little care in buiding them. the price is only due to Billie Joe's name being on it.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Thanks Goonday, I'll definately check that one out!
Jeremy Kill
Re: Les Paul Juniors Anyone?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Okay, sweet, so the Juniors are being sold again at Musician's Friend.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/prod ... sku=580091

But is it worth $800? It seems kind of expensive for a guitar that's supposed to be stripped down to the meat and potatoes. Unfortunately, satin white isn't an option, and that was the finish I was shooting for because the vintage sunburst looks kind of ugly on this one. The sunburst on the Billie Joe signature is much more nicer, but I'd rather not play $1300 for his guitar.