Dr. Dynamite
First name: Aarne
360 Gamer Tag: partonen2
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: Gobbed

The Tom Thread

Post by patenttiftw »

what do you think about him? i think hes cool
Last edited by patenttiftw on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hangman
Bunkface

Post by Hangman »

i don't like him, i will always prefer Dave rather than him
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

im kinda used to him now. but there's never gonna be a replacement for dave
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Gob has always been my second favorite band after the sums, so I'm glad they picked Tom rather than some random dude.

But of course, he can't replace Dave.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

First, yep, he can't replace Dave, for sure, but he's not Dave and he doesn't want to be Dave.
Dave was a natural shredder, he shredded the guitar all the time like the big guitarists and he just had a different style, that's why sum had those cool solos all the time, even if they were short (like the In Too Deep tapping solo) , while Tom is different as could be seen in Gob and he's, right now at least, fits the sums more than Dave.

And i really used to see him now, i think he's a good guitarist overall and his mohawk is cool.
I wish he could be more involved in the shows with the sums, like say something (like the Astoria show where Deryck and Dave were talking between songs the whole time :D).

But he's cool overall, i wish he would join as a permanent member, cuz he's actually very good guitarist and sums need someone like him after Dave left, still as much as known to me Gob is still together, except i didn't hear nothing from them, so that's why i guess Tom with the sums now.

BTW, someone should make this thread sticky.
ChapStick
Bunkface

Post by ChapStick »

I don't like his hair and i'd rather have a 'slightly overweight cool Indian looking guy' to fill the void that Dave left. :lol: :(
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

i agree with what Hentaiman said, he isnt trying to be dave, and id rather have someone being themselves in the band than someone trying to be like dave to try and fill the slot that dave left.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

i agree with hentaiman
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

yeah he's cool. i wish he was a permanent member, and like actually talked and stuff.
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
shivv_55

Post by shivv_55 »

i also agree with Hentaiman
SWISH'S NOOB
formerly new_girl
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

good guitar player, good guy probably, still, Sum will never be the same without Dave but, I wish he would be a member, like to justify his big involvement with the band's sound.

and, It would be great if he changes his guitar for a better sounding one.
Last edited by n4txO! on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spencer
Hooch

Post by Spencer »

i like him. he cant replace dave but i still think sum 41 should put someone in the band perminently. if they did i would like it to be him but then there would be no more gob.
" I pledge the allegiance to the underclass as your hero at large "
DUBWOOD
Bunkface

Post by DUBWOOD »

i don't think he'll be there for much longer, for sure a couple more months and prob. into the new year, but after that i think they'll need to get someone else.
***MY FIRST SUM41 ALBUM WASN'T ALL KILLER***
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

n4txO! wrote:good guitar player, good guy probably, still, Sum will never be the same without Dave but, I wish he would be a member, like to justify his big involvement with the band's sound.

and, It would be great if he changes his guitar for a better sounding one.
i don't think he can get a bettet guitar, he's using a gibson les paul, probably the best guitar that exists. The thing is that you just don't like the setup that he uses
Phili
Underclass Hero
First name: Gavinji

Post by Phili »

I'll always miss Dave, but I'm starting to REALLY like the band without him. If Tom would just loose the weird outfits and do something better with his hair, I'd really really like him.
Adam (Open Your Eyes), Amy (Mr. Penguin), and Sasha (Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...) are my noobs.
Claudia is my grand-noob.
Lisette (bunny) is my great-grand noob.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Tom's alright. He plays good and he sings good and the vocals live sound so much better than when Dave sang them. But despite that, Dave was great and I was pretty heart-broken when he just all of a sudden quit. But it was a good move for him because it sounds like he poured out all the guitar skills he learned over the years into Brown Brigade and it sounds awesome.

But yeah, Brown Tom's decent.
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

did anyone noticed that the SOUND of the guitars kinda sucks really bad now. good guitar players but...watch live videos previous to this year and the distortion is much thicker and doesnt sound like a really weak clean tone.

anyone else know what im talking about?
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

kevin5064 wrote:did anyone noticed that the SOUND of the guitars kinda sucks really bad now. good guitar players but...watch live videos previous to this year and the distortion is much thicker and doesnt sound like a really weak clean tone.

anyone else know what im talking about?
Is this referring to both Deryck and Tom? Yeah, I think I do. Especially when they played their CD live on the release day. Then again that might have been because Deryck was using the Squier, haha. Like for example, watch The Jester... you can barely hear Deryck play (at least I can't) and all you can hear really is the piano.

But yeah, Deryck's guitar seems pretty weak lately. I don't know if that's just for the Underclass Hero songs or what though.
LTS
Underclass Zero
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by LTS »

that's 41x44x182

but yeah Tom is awesome
One of a Kind of Something
Pull_The_Curtis
Ma Poubelle

Post by Pull_The_Curtis »

i hate his hair, its bullshit. sorry, but im a lover of hair as wierd as it sounds.....and so if he played with a bag on his head or a hat or a showercap i would like him to an extent.