Sum 41 fan mail

Ask anything about the site here. Chances are you'll get an answer.
CALKing
First name: Cesar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Guitar

Sum 41 fan mail

Post by CALKing »

I love Sum 41, and I know all of you do as well. Sum 41 has really helped me through the hardest times of my life, and I would really like to show them my appreciation somehow!

Back in the days when fan mail was still a thing, artists and bands had addresses to send too, or at least email addresses. But Sum 41 hasn't got anything like this (at least that I can find)! I know there's social medias like Facebook and Instagram but (1) I don't have any, and (2) it just feels more "real" sending a letter or at least an email. Anyone have any suggestions?
"I tried to be perfect, but nothing was worth it"
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Well, there was a time when Deryck (and maybe Cone sometime?) roamed the forums themselves and answered/read our posts. I'd say that's better than fan mail! But I don't know how those things were arranged, or if they were just purely voluntary.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

HugoDisasters wrote:Well, there was a time when Deryck (and maybe Cone sometime?) roamed the forums themselves and answered/read our posts. I'd say that's better than fan mail! But I don't know how those things were arranged, or if they were just purely voluntary.
The band members used to browse our forums on their own! :2cool4u: There were a couple of times that we arranged a chat, maybe we could try to get those back. :happy:

As for sending messages to the members, I'd say getting a social media profile would be the best bet. Hey, I joined Facebook and Twitter for the same reason. :silly:
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

I remember back in the day when they still had the Q&A Section on their home page, I was super elated when Stevo answered a question of mine x)
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

X^2 wrote:I remember back in the day when they still had the Q&A Section on their home page, I was super elated when Stevo answered a question of mine x)
Yeah! That was pretty cool too. You reminded me of one time when they were having a webcam live chat and they accidentally made a typo in the url of the chat that I noticed and I was the first one to get in... and Stevo was like "HEY!!!" to the first viewer LMAO :hehe:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Sum 41 fan mail

Post by SumGeek »

I'm here to add to the social media suggestion: the band definitely do go out of their way to connect with fans and can get to know you most through there than anywhere else. We are lucky for their activity online!

But, man, I remember too when the only form of communication was through their official website Q&A. I will have to pull out my screenshots of those messages for old times sake! :silly: