Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

jordidanen95 wrote:it's weird how people can change...
take deryck..... he looked like a clean healthy guy, and with the blouse and black tie during U.H , and changed to a ''fuck everybody'' living of jack life.

same thing with billie now...kinda
i guess everybody is just partying hard cause we're almost out of time haha :P
That was just an exceptionally ugly photo. Billie doesn't actually look like that nowadays. :2cool4u:
fuck this signature nonsense
Westbound Sign
First name: Sandy
Re: Re:

Post by Westbound Sign »

Gregorovich wrote:
jordidanen95 wrote: That was just an exceptionally ugly photo. Billie doesn't actually look like that nowadays. :2cool4u:
Heh, yea - He's just sucking his cheeks in in a weird way :P
Spoiler: show
This is from a few months ago. They're all fine ;)

To add to the discussion: The tracks on Uno may be medicore, but over all it's a pretty solid album - Yes, Dos has some killer tracks on it. some. The other songs are either filler or rahter weak.
Tré's better than Uno, but not what you'd expect from Green Day.
I've not seen a single song that got picked on a lot, everyone got their favourites, everyone hates different songs.
Conclusion: Green Day are at a point in their career where they don't have to proof anything to critics, they made these free albums mostly for themselves and the fans.
Go ahead, make a 13-track playlist outta the trilogy and... Voilá. You've got your 'personal' killer-Green Day album.

And hi, btw. Obviously I'm new to this site.
I've been on a few forums before... But is someone in this topic kind enough to tell me where the hell the button to follow a thread is? It seems that I'm too stupid to find it on my own :winkwink:
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

Yeah, to be honest the two pictures are too different to be compared fairly. The lighting is a lot brighter in the second photo, making them look more pale and Billie is doing that cheek-sucking thing that Deryck seems to do a lot too. Although he does look a bit slimmer. Does he work out?

Anyway, I was thinking of making a Green Day playlist from these songs, although my favorite songs in combination probably wouldn't make the most exciting album.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Anyway, I was thinking of making a Green Day playlist from these songs, although my favorite songs in combination probably wouldn't make the most exciting album.
I've made quite a good one; I split it into three parts (I don't need to tell you what they're called) and if you keep the whole feel of each individual album while rooting out the not-so-good songs, it makes for a great playlist.

On a side note, I suddenly on a walk today realised something - the song Dirty Rotten Bastards tells the story of a girl called Juliana Homicide... Sound familiar? :devious:

Edit: Billie Joe has declared that today, the 11th December, is now International Green Day. Happy Green Day everybody!
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill
Re: Green Day: ¡TRÉ! is out!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

This is my unofficial playlist. It's only 10 songs. I can't seem to get enough of X-Kid. Probably my favorite track from the entire trilogy, haha.

See You Tonight
Nuclear Family
Lazy Bones
Let Yourself Go
Drama Queen
Makeout Party
Kill the DJ
X-Kid
Dirty Rotten Bastards
Amy
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

Jeremy Kill wrote:This is my unofficial playlist. It's only 10 songs. I can't seem to get enough of X-Kid. Probably my favorite track from the entire trilogy, haha.

See You Tonight
Nuclear Family
Lazy Bones
Let Yourself Go
Drama Queen
Makeout Party
Kill the DJ
X-Kid
Dirty Rotten Bastards
Amy
Agreed, X-Kid is my favorite. It gives me a Warning (the album) vibe.

Dirty Rotten Bastards is also great because I can't get enough of their long, diverse songs. This trilogy is full of the opposite. Not necessarily bad, but you know.
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

i kinda hated the new style... but im starting to like it...really like it.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Here's my "Uno Dos Tre"

1. Brutal Love
2. Stop When The Red Light Flash
3. Let Yourself Go
4. Makeout Party
5. Amanda
6. Drama Queen
7. Kill The DJ
8. Ashley
9. Lady Cobra
10. Stray Heart
11. Nightlife
12. Nuclear Family
13. Dirty Rotten Bastards
14. The Forgotten

NOW it's a decent album :)
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

The only two songs I liked off of Tre is Dirty Rotten Bastards and 99 Revolutions. It started slow, picked up A TAD, then died down. Dos was my favorite, than Uno, and than Tre. Was it worth $30 for buying all the albums. I would say so.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

Tre was definetly the best for me, then uno then dos, which is what i think it is for a lot of people.

Anyway here is my UNO, DOS, TRE Album, It Flows really well as an album i believe

1. Brutal Love
2. Lazy Bones
3. X-Kid
4. 99 Revolutions
5. Kill the DJ
6. Fell for You
7. Stray Heart
8. Wow! That's Loud
9. Amy
10. Dirty Rotten Bastards
11. The Forgotten
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Green Day

Post by TomiT14 »

Alright. If I reviewed the albums right away, it would've been brutal, so I gave them time to grow, to be able to give a fair review.

Didn't help.

Uno

After listening to the singles before the album came out, I was kinda disappointed, but still hopeful the rest of the album would be better. Oh Love was brutally awful, but Kill The DJ, Stay The Night and Nuclear Family were catchy, but more like fillers than hits. I was waiting for songs that would be good enough to play on a constant repeat.

That didn't happen. To my surprise, the singles (excluding Oh Love) were the best songs of the album, unfortunately. Only the first half of the album was listenable more than one time. The second half was full of fillers, I still haven't got any joy out of them. The only non-single song of the album I like is Fell For You.

I was going to list my best songs from every album, but then I realized that the best ones are also the only ones worth listening to. But anyway.

Songs I liked: Stay The Night, Fell For You, Kill The DJ, Nuclear Family.

Dos

I had big hopes for this. Uno was a letdown, so I trusted this one to cover up what was missing.

And I was wrong. This time the disappointment was even worse, because I couldn't expect anything to be worse than Uno. The first half of Uno was listenable, but this album didn't have even that! Although my favorite songs off Dos were better than my favs in Uno, but still I wouldn't include any of them to the Top Green Day songs list. Still, they were very catchy, really enjoyed listening to them.

But the rest of the album? There were only one or two mediocre songs, rest were awfully poor. Nightlife? Seriously? Yuck!

Songs I liked: Lazy Bones, Stray Heart, Ashley, Baby Eyes, Amy.

Tre

Oh boy. To save you some reading, this was the biggest disappointment of the trilogy. Of course, after having two mediocre-to-poor albums, I hoped that this would've saved the trilogy. And again, I was hoping for too much. I seriously couldn't expect that an album would be even worse than the first two.

Same as Dos, Tre seemed to just have songs thrown in, without any flow. This album had fewer listenable songs, and even the ones I liked couldn't beat the ones from the previous albums. Bummer!

Songs I liked: 99 Revolutions, Walk Away, Missing You, Dirty Rotten Bastards (part of it).

Sum up

Now I totally see why Green Day released a trilogy. Quantity to cover up the missing quality. Simple as that.
All the albums were just a collection of songs, there weren't absolutely any kind of flow when listening to them front to back. And even the best songs weren't good enough to be called hits, imo.

The biggest thing that bothered me was the laziness in the lyrics. It seemed that the theme of the trilogy was to make songs with choruses that would just repeat the same line over and over again. Like 99 Revolutions for example. It's my favorite, melody- and catchiness-wise, but the lyrics sound like they are from a demo version. The chorus sounds like it's sung that way temporarily before they would come up with better lyrics. Seriously, I trust Billie Joe, it couldn't be that hard to figure out some lyrics to the chorus. Same with Walk Away, Kill The DJ and few others.

And of course, there must be a Jesus Of Suburbia kind of song too. Luckily Dirty Rotten Bastards wasn't as long, since the parts sound so out of place. And also, Shoplifter much? An exact ripoff if you ask me.

This is just sad for me. Green Day has been my 2nd favorite band for so long, but this trilogy just wasn't even close to their previous material. Just like some of you said that you pretend that Underclass Hero didn't happen, well I'm having the same thoughts about this trilogy. I know that there won't be another American Idiot, but these albums were probably their worst albums imo.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Agreed!! ^

Considering the amount of music they put out, to only have like 10-15 DECENT songs is just disappointing. They definitely went quantity over quality on this one and its a bummer to see a such a letdown from an awesome band that we've all grown up with. :sosad:
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I let them grow on me as well, but I actually really like Tre now. X-Kid, Sex Drugs & Violence, Little Boy Named Train, Amanda, Walk Away, Dirty Rotten Bastards, 99 Revolutions. Those are in track order because I actually love listening through that part of the album.

Yes, overall the trilogy is pretty filler. But hey, it's good background music if you don't want to pay attention.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I agree with Tomi 99% only because I didn't mind Nightlife, haha. By the time Tre came out I didn't expect to enjoy more than four songs. To this day X-Kid is the only one I listen to from that album, not to mention almost the entire trilogy.

However, yes, it does make good background music and I think most of the songs would sound better live than they would on a CD.
skumfuk_serbia
First name: Ognjen
Last.fm Username: ogio44
Twitter: ogio44

Post by skumfuk_serbia »

Hello Skumfuks, could you please share this link and ask your friends to vote for us,its a major Green Day competition and it would mean a lot,every vote counts. Thanks in advance http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvi ... a3e68/1000

SUM 41 <33333
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Green Day

Post by Noreason757 »

https://www.facebook.com/GreenDay/video ... 448969521/

green day's new single "Bang Bang"

I really dig the track. glad they are going political again.

Also their new album is called "Revolution Radio" and it's coming out on October 7th, Same day as 13 Voices.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

It seems to me they do and say the same as Billy Talent did this year.
I don't really like GD's music after 21st Century Breakdown, but damn... I definitely want them to come here and play a show. :holyshit: Maybe next year...
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Post by MetalMilition41 »

The new song is ok, it's growing on me. I had a better first impression with Fake My Own Death. But I'm more concerned that Revolution Radio will completely overshadow 13 Voices with it being released on October 7th as well. It makes me suspect whether it was done on purpose lol
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The song's a grower, for sure. I didn't find it too interesting on the first listen, but it becomes catchier the more I play it. It feels a bit 21st Century Breakdown more than anything to me, maybe it's the bridge.

The trilogy albums weren't very good, heavy in throwaway, forgettable tracks. I'm hoping this album is better quality.