Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Re: Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by gejmik »

SumGeek wrote:If anyones interested, I'll share my review/videos/pics of Blink in Toronto from 2 days ago....
lucky you!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

This cover is better than the original!!
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

SumGeek wrote:If anyones interested, I'll share my review/videos/pics of Blink in Toronto from 2 days ago.

I'll start off by saying my day was better than I expected it to be! Since I had seats I left a little later than I usually would. At around 3pm Mark Hoppus was doing an interview to which I decided to go down and check out. I didn't know if there would be many people there or if he'd even come out to say hi. He had time to do so and I got a photo and he signed my ticket. From there I went over to the venue and waited for doors to open. My seats were better than I ever thought they'd be. Wasn't too big on Manchester Orchestra but not many people were even seated during their set. By the time My Chemical Romance got on it started getting packed. I wasn't very into their set but it seemed as if the majority of people were. I was just interested more with the fact that Blink would be coming on. They opened with Feeling This, which happens to be my favourite Blink song. Couldn't record it because everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, was standing up once the lights came on and Blink's houses backdrop came on. I've never heard a crowd any louder than what it was. The amount of energy was insane. The band even said this show was better than their show the previous night in Montreal (which at the time they said was their favourite show of the tour until Toronto) Travis' drum solo was definately a highlight of the night for me. I think the best decision I ever made this summer was to attend this tour because I can say it's one of my favourites! Was very pleased with the setlist and Blink's performance.
PS: If anyones interested in the merch I got: Blink-182 sweatshirt, Series 3 bunny (The one with Blink-182 on it's ears) and a poster.

Meeting Mark Hoppus:

Image Image
Check out my channel for more HD videos from the show: http://www.youtube.com/chelsealikesblg
You are so lucky!!! :balling:
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

I'm still staying away from the live versions of the new songs. I want to hear them in good quality to make a verdict.
SickofEveryone
Chuck

Post by SickofEveryone »

Gutter Dreams wrote:I'm still staying away from the live versions of the new songs. I want to hear them in good quality to make a verdict.
Tom's voice is so crappy live anyway.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

SickofEveryone wrote: Tom's voice is so crappy live anyway.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

SBMurder wrote:
SickofEveryone wrote: Tom's voice is so crappy anyway.
fuck this signature nonsense
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Blink 182 Discussion Thread

Post by 182sins »

Gregorovich wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
SickofEveryone wrote: Tom's voice is so crappy anyway.
Hideo_Kuze
Billy Spleen

Post by Hideo_Kuze »

is he still singing like this?
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

Hideo_Kuze wrote:is he still singing like this?
Is that even Considered Singing? :hehe:
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

Saw this on another forum and wanted to post it here XD
SickofEveryone
Chuck

Post by SickofEveryone »

SBMurder wrote:
Hideo_Kuze wrote:is he still singing like this?
Is that even Considered Singing? :hehe:
:hehe: :devious:
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

SumGeek wrote:If anyones interested, I'll share my review/videos/pics of Blink in Toronto from 2 days ago.

I'll start off by saying my day was better than I expected it to be! Since I had seats I left a little later than I usually would. At around 3pm Mark Hoppus was doing an interview to which I decided to go down and check out. I didn't know if there would be many people there or if he'd even come out to say hi. He had time to do so and I got a photo and he signed my ticket. From there I went over to the venue and waited for doors to open. My seats were better than I ever thought they'd be. Wasn't too big on Manchester Orchestra but not many people were even seated during their set. By the time My Chemical Romance got on it started getting packed. I wasn't very into their set but it seemed as if the majority of people were. I was just interested more with the fact that Blink would be coming on. They opened with Feeling This, which happens to be my favourite Blink song. Couldn't record it because everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, was standing up once the lights came on and Blink's houses backdrop came on. I've never heard a crowd any louder than what it was. The amount of energy was insane. The band even said this show was better than their show the previous night in Montreal (which at the time they said was their favourite show of the tour until Toronto) Travis' drum solo was definately a highlight of the night for me. I think the best decision I ever made this summer was to attend this tour because I can say it's one of my favourites! Was very pleased with the setlist and Blink's performance.
PS: If anyones interested in the merch I got: Blink-182 sweatshirt, Series 3 bunny (The one with Blink-182 on it's ears) and a poster.

Meeting Mark Hoppus:

Image Image
Check out my channel for more HD videos from the show: http://www.youtube.com/chelsealikesblg
That's really cool that you met Mark, he seemed happy in the pics. I'm surprised that he did an interview where he did, but it looks like it's backstage. I saw Tom, but I had to pay. Glad you had fun! I did in Holmdel.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:That's really cool that you met Mark, he seemed happy in the pics. I'm surprised that he did an interview where he did, but it looks like it's backstage. I saw Tom, but I had to pay. Glad you had fun! I did in Holmdel.
I was surprised about the interview aswell! I was on my way to the show when I found out about it and the place where he was being interviewed had recently moved and so I went to it's old address. It was a mission to get to it's new location but it was worth it! There weren't many people there waiting for him, at least when I got there. He did seem happy! I saw another interview he did that day and he seemed to be enjoying himself. Always good to see that. Did you see Tom with the Keep A Breast foundation? You should post your pic! I wanted to pay for that because it was also going towards a good cause but I already paid $200 for my tickets. I didn't even think I'd be meeting anyone in Blink that day or ever. I'm so thankful I did! Marks a great guy.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Tom sounds good on everything except Up All Night this tour. Normally even me, one of the biggest fanboys couldn't watch a whole video with him singing, but he sounds good now.

Not long now guys, just over a month!
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle

Post by SBMurder »

SickofEveryone wrote:

Meeting Mark Hoppus:

Image Image
:holyshit:
You are so lucky!!! :balling:
i actually had the Chance to go to this concert but for Some Reason I didn't :ohshiz:
Last edited by SBMurder on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SickofEveryone
Chuck

Post by SickofEveryone »

I wonder if Blink will have any t-shirt bundles for the new cd.It's already up on amazon.com.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Are they ever going to release the Up All Night video?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

SBMurder wrote:i actually had the Chance to go to this concert but for Some Reason I didn't :ohshiz:
You should of went! You missed a good one! Best concert I've been to for real.
SickofEveryone wrote:I wonder if Blink will have any t-shirt bundles for the new cd.It's already up on amazon.com.
I'm wondering the same. Some people have already bought the amazon one but I'm gonna wait and see what Blink have to offer.
Gutter Dreams wrote:Are they ever going to release the Up All Night video?
Don't worry, it won't be like The Sums with the SBM vid! ;)
On August 8th, Mark said it should be out "in a few weeks". I'm thinking early September at the latest.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well It actually been a while since they filmed the Up All Night video and I won't be surprised if it'll take some time until it gets released. I mean, Blink aren't really good with times either (they promised to release Up All Night in July 2009, and they worked the album ever since 2009 and its coming out only now), but at least they have a major label to back them and also to push them in releasing singles, videos, albums, etc, so I guess it'll be out in September or whatever, along with the album.