PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Re: A new SUM41 fansite?

Post by withchappedlips »

ThanksForTheVenom wrote:Try hard kyle is trying hard.

I AM PROFESHIONAL.
i go in
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

:confusion:
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

A new SUM41 fansite?

Post by gejmik »

Once Upon a Time... wrote:Honestly, I'd like to tell you good luck on making your website. Please, go ahead and try it.

I think you're forgetting that TNS has taken 4 years to reach 3000 members. This comes after TNS has done their part in getting numerous exclusive interviews, EXCLUSIVE SONG LEAKS, and actual shout outs from the bands via MySpace, YouTube video, etc. The people from TNS do their job as well as they possibly can in expanding the website. I don't understand what your problem with the website really is.

If you really think that you can create a website that is going to be more active than TNS is, then please go right ahead. Soon enough, you'll realize that the fan base for Sum 41 on forums really just isn't as strong as you expected it to be. You will realize that TNS has actually done a damn good job over the past 4 years, and you will realize that it is a lose-lose situation to compete with another website over the same band.

Also, if you want things to change, please give us suggestions of ways to change this website for the better. TNS is only as strong as the members and the band allow it to be. If you guys stop coming here, the activity level drops. If Sum 41 stops doing thigns we can talk about, the activity level drops. Please, enlighten us with your theories as to how to make this website better. Also, to call the forum "sloppy" and "no functional" is quite surprising to me. Please, describe your reasoning behind this.

I'm honestly disappointed in your stupidity and your lack of understanding of how a forum based website works. You act like Sum 41 is the biggest band in the world, so TNS should have hundreds of people circulating it daily. Get with the times, kid. Sum 41 lost relevance to most people years ago, and they make music from a genre that lost it's popularity in the mainstream half a decade ago.

Damn.
This is a piece of awesomeness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Are you nuts!?

This site is one of the biggest fansites, if not the biggest.
We have about 275000 posts in almost 4 years!
That's 188 posts each day, which is probably more than you are able to read each day.

This site has the best connections with the band!
The band even tweets about it when Nic is hanging out with them for 24 hours after they've invited him to be there.
Remember the TNS exclusive blogs? a great example of how close tns is to the band.

Not to mention the awesome TNS members and staff, Nic and Jake are working their asses off just to make this place even more awesome.. you have no idea of some new stuff coming up.. it's beyond epic!
And this site has such a wide variety of awesome members that it's almost impossible to get bored with tns!
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Being an admin of TNS I take this as a insult to me and the rest of the boys. I'm sorry we can't dedicate our entire lives to the website to make this the super cool social hub that you expect it to be. I'm 21 this July, I have a full-time job and I go out with friends at the weekend. I'm not a teenager anymore, I can't just sit on this computer on TNS all day anymore. I have rent to pay, gas and electricity to pay. The last thing I want is to come onto a website that we have all tried so hard to add into our lives and be told that we are not doing our jobs right.

Everytime there is a problem with the server, I can see Jake staying up all night to fix the problem, Nic never stops coming up with ideas for TNS. Daniel, Jeremy and Heather are the best mods that we've ever had and if you saw the moderator log then you would understand. Finally, the most important people of TNS, I may not know them by name or even which country they come from but the users of TNS are some of the best folk around on the internet which is usually full of hate but us here at TNS are like one big loving family. I will say no more on this matter unless I feel I need to.

P.S.Good luck with the new website but with Sum41 Bandaids, TheresNoSolution and Fansite Connection you'll need to think of something new and original.
[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Fuck off to Bandaids.
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:Being an admin of TNS I take this as a insult to me and the rest of the boys. I'm sorry we can't dedicate our entire lives to the website to make this the super cool social hub that you expect it to be. I'm 21 this July, I have a full-time job and I go out with friends at the weekend. I'm not a teenager anymore, I can't just sit on this computer on TNS all day anymore. I have rent to pay, gas and electricity to pay. The last thing I want is to come onto a website that we have all tried so hard to add into our lives and be told that we are not doing our jobs right.

Everytime there is a problem with the server, I can see Jake staying up all night to fix the problem, Nic never stops coming up with ideas for TNS. Daniel, Jeremy and Heather are the best mods that we've ever had and if you saw the moderator log then you would understand. Finally, the most important people of TNS, I may not know them by name or even which country they come from but the users of TNS are some of the best folk around on the internet which is usually full of hate but us here at TNS are like one big loving family. I will say no more on this matter unless I feel I need to.

P.S.Good luck with the new website but with Sum41 Bandaids, TheresNoSolution and Fansite Connection you'll need to think of something new and original.
I tottaly agree with you man !
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Boni,Kyle - totally agree, I've read each and every word from their posts and it is just pure brilliance, you really said it best, brothers ! and although the idea of this thread is extremely stupid, like everything bad, it has something good in itself, and it's that the people who didn't know how great people work on the site, now they do ...

Ninja's problem is exactly what Kyle has written down, he thinks that Sum 41 is a band everyone wants to talk about, but it's not truth at all ...I'm still surprised how many people is actually here

and what I wanted to say a long time ago, this forum is a fun to work with, it's so easy and compendious that even my father could be a member here, even though he barely can search the internet !

I still don't understand how you could write all the things in your post, fuck, you've been here quite a time and you really are so damn blind that you just don't see ? how many forums do so much stuff as TNS ?? Skumfuk - first time being heard on TNS, SBM song - mp3 version as well, SBM album leak, Nic and Heather were supplying us with informations as good as they could, and they fucking have been doing great !

summing-up - Given the circumstances that you read in Kyle's post, this forum is much more active than I'd have ever expected !

PS: I've learned English in one year so I could understand the lyrics of Sum 41 and other bands, and also so I could come here !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

A fansite for the Swedes? Good luck it will go down the drain the same way the Blink site did and they are way bigger than Sum. This site is more active now than it has ever been during the three years i've been visiting.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Thank you finally! Some large piece of text!!
Great heavens!

I understand the matter of fact TNS has been growing for 4 years.
and everything Kyle said made sense to me.

Sure it will be fucking stupid and really bold of me to do such an attempt which obviously fails (really? yeah probably) because what Kyle said is pretty much true.

But i think TNS could improve in many ways functionally.
I mean you use the PHPBB3 forum engine, well yeah it's great but there is a quick reply that doesn't work. It doesn't annoy me but it pisses me off when i think it's gonna work some day but it doesn't.

The site loading times could be way faster if the layout was even thought about, i mean putting raw HTML pieces of twitter profiles in the side of the page really takes a lot of loading time if you don't frame it and put a cache system behind it. You would also want a small arrow you could click to hide the twitter profiles if you would want to only view the forum itself.

And when will the subpages of the "site" where the band equipment page is, and the member bio's be updated? It says coming soon. I want to have that now! I'd be done writing those pages before somebody even would have mentioned V3.

I know i got a little picky now but, why is there a "HOME" button when there is also a "FORUM" button that leads to the same place -> the forums? What the fuck is the point of that? Help please? Which should i click? I'm in the same seat as Rebecca Black is.

Holy fuck you've turned my life into a hell, kill me now.
:suicide:

Well... There is thousands of way we could improve the functionality and making it even more nice to be here at TNS. It's already really nice thanks to the lulz and trolololo people around here. But come on, we could have it better?

I'm not saying TNS looks like crap, it looks damn good actually.
But i think it can look much better, which makes people want to come here even more
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Hoocher
Bunkface
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hoocher »

2712 wrote:
bizzyd53 wrote:
The only thing this post is missing is epic background theme music.
Haha loved this one and yeah I just lol'd when I read this discussion I mean wtf the guys are doing a great job keeping this forum alive and everyone's attention regarding the band and other topics as well. This is definitely one of the best forums I know...
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

FakeNinja wrote:I don't know what I'm talking about
we forgive you, sometimes that happens to all of us
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

FuckT41182 wrote:
SGFDadFASKDlsdgASDFGSFDKbdvVSDmvmb...FGg SGHGFDhf
Yes of course, but my point is READ all of my text please :devious:

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

FakeNinja wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
we forgive you, sometimes that happens to all of us
Yes of course, but my point is READ all of my text please :devious:
I did, and it was stupid, you'd just named a few things that don't matter at all, if you don't want twitter tags, go back to SBM version ... I don't wanna react to everything you have written, cause I'm going to go AFK now, feel the sun on my nipples, you know
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Well, to me TNS is the best fansite, and I don't see myself going on another fansite. I could go to sum41-france, but it's not the same feeling, I've been here for a long time and, TNS is the ONLY site I come almost every day.

Congrats for trying, though
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Your main complaints are V3 related problems.

V3 isn't even done yet.. It hasn't even been released officially
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Plus, the twitter tags use JavaScript and not HTML.
[donate][/donate]
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

blackhawk1105 wrote:Your main complaints are V3 related problems.

V3 isn't even done yet.. It hasn't even been released officially
Well then that is a whole different story.

Close this thread, and get your asses to finish V3 ;)
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

I think that TNS is a cool site and it would be better if they'd post news more often.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com