Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Re: europe

Post by sumelf »

btw 41 shows in France disappoint me
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

So the band must be reeling in the dough from all these sold out European shows right? I hope the band isn't hurting for money that the management has set them up to go on all these European dates, although it kind of works in their favor as well as the fans, haha.
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

Jeremy Kill wrote:So the band must be reeling in the dough from all these sold out European shows right? I hope the band isn't hurting for money that the management has set them up to go on all these European dates, although it kind of works in their favor as well as the fans, haha.
Europe shows're not only sold out, but they're really insane, i mean, they have really fucking huge and tough crowds in here. Why should they neglect an opportunity to perform here? I saw a lot of their shows in us, and often crowd inexplicably sucks. I don't want to offend us fans, true fans're true fans wherever they are. But it seems to me that many people come to shows in us only for fatlip, etc.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

sumelf wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:So the band must be reeling in the dough from all these sold out European shows right? I hope the band isn't hurting for money that the management has set them up to go on all these European dates, although it kind of works in their favor as well as the fans, haha.
Europe shows're not only sold out, but they're really insane, i mean, they have really fucking huge and tough crowds in here. Why should they neglect an opportunity to perform here? I saw a lot of their shows in us, and often crowd inexplicably sucks. I don't want to offend us fans, true fans're true fans wherever they are. But it seems to me that many people come to shows in us only for fatlip, etc.
Yeah, I can tell by the unofficial Screaming Bloody Murder video that the European fans really rock out hard. I'm not sure if it's because Sum 41 hardly toured there before and they're working off of the energy of seeing them for the first time in a while or if that's just how they are!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

That's just pure brute european rockness(is that a word?)
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

europe

Post by gejmik »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
sumelf wrote:
Yeah, I can tell by the unofficial Screaming Bloody Murder video that the European fans really rock out hard. I'm not sure if it's because Sum 41 hardly toured there before and they're working off of the energy of seeing them for the first time in a while or if that's just how they are!
that's just how we are. every sum 41 show that I've been on was insane in the crowd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Just wanted to be the first one to tell you that Sum 41 is going to Mexico and South America for the first time ever in September!

Exact dates to be announced, but sometime in September.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

TomiT14 wrote:Just wanted to be the first one to tell you that Sum 41 is going to Mexico and South America for the first time ever in September!

Poor US and Canada, i was gonna write poor americans but eveidently some americans will get to see them.
sumelf
Hooch

Post by sumelf »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
sumelf wrote:
I'd wanted to say that it's just how we're, but i'll be honest and I think both of these reasons. Because good bands are not coming so often that you can stop to care about their shows and start thinking that you always can come to the next their performance, which will be in a couple of months (FUCK! Here it is couple of years or even more).
Btw, europeans're really cool at the shows for some other reason.
Just look at this video of WATB in Moscow, Russia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_gq2W4 ... re=related Especially at the "sacrifice" moment. And yeah, there was so fucking hot that we just couldn't stand on our feet. In two days after sums there were performing placebo. And they had just done only three songs, after which they said, that the vocalist feeling bad and stopped the show. So Deryck and co are awesome in this way. That has been hard, but they did all the show.
Last edited by sumelf on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

To me, I think they should do USA/CAN dates first in the begining of the tour and then have a bunch of Europe and South America. I mean, I know they don't care about albums charting much but they need to promote SBM and the best way to do that is in Usa and Canada because thats what counts for that stuff most. I understand a lot of international counrtries have not been given a good amount of shows the past few years, but with The Sums I think they haven't toured anywhere properly in years, so I think we all deserve an equal amount. I just wish they would announce the dates all at once so we know when to expect a show but they don't book shows ahead of time. By the end of September, I'll say we all will get our chance!
kufac

Post by kufac »

Well, nowdays bands doesn't touring to support albums. They record albums to support tour so it doesn't matter if Sums starts tour in Europe, US, Canada, Japan or anywhere else.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

If they'd come to Sweden, Stockholm again i'd be really happy since i missed the last time they were here

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
ptido
Bunkface

Post by ptido »

If they'd come to Sweden, Stockholm again i'd be really happy since i missed the last time they were here
Hmm since they play in Goteborg, not sure if they'll play another gig in sweden. I may be wrong.

TomiT14 wrote:Just wanted to be the first one to tell you that Sum 41 is going to Mexico and South America for the first time ever in September!

Cool ! Have you any idea of which part of september ? It will be hard for them to do 39 french shows this summer, maybe they won't play all the shows, or maybe they'll come again in autumn.
Last edited by ptido on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We must use our voices as a flag.
And make it resonate in every building, in every head.

The youth is raising up in burning cages, not just pretences.

We are the solution.

http://sum41-france.com
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

europe

Post by 182sins »

ptido wrote:... It will be hard for them to do 39 french shows this summer, maybe they won't play all the shows, or maybe they'll come again in autumn.
Yeah I think that's what they will do, they said 41 shows in 2011, so they might play some shows in November or even December
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

ptido wrote:

Cool ! Have you any idea of which part of september ? It will be hard for them to do 39 french shows this summer, maybe they won't play all the shows, or maybe they'll come again in autumn.
No official word yet, but Last.fm is listing the Australian dates at the end of the month, so most likely the band will be in South America early September.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

They should've come back to Australia first since they had to cancel on a bunch of the shows :(
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, I guess the actual Australian dates weren't up to them considering they're playing as part of a festival. Never head of Soundwave Revolution but I guess it's like Soundwave and they have some good stuff this year.. like Yellowcard, Zebrahead, Thrice, Four Year Strong, D.R.U.G.S, Damned Things, The Word Alive and much more.
Last edited by Hentaiman on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.