The"Tracks 4 and 12 are out of place" Thread

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Do you think these songs fit into the album?

Yes - They blend into the album well
61%
No - They are out of place
39%

Total votes: 49

Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Re: The"Tracks 4 and 12 are out of place" Thread

Post by Raku »

This album needed fun songs, otherwise it would be very bland and boring =/

Yes the dark songs are fun, but these songs are better to party to and make the album so much better =)
keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

These are the kinds of songs that when you listen to the album on shuffle you're going to want to hear. As a complete album they don't fit perfectly but if this song became a single or randomly was played it would be a lot better. I keep listening to the album front to back and I totally get what everyone is saying.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

I listen to the album,every song,and I like every one of them so far ! and these two track might just be one of my favs !
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

Time for you to go is ok but this is the only song of the album which isn't make me "woah", so I could live without it. But ...Baby you don't wanna know is one of my favourites. So I think I might vote for Yes - They blend into the album well. I don't want the album without them both :suicide:
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, I really love these songs, they are awesome! But yeah, I agree that they don't fit it with the whole dark concept of the album, though I don't think it'll be bland and boring without them. There are many albums that are just keeping the whole dark vibe without having even one happier song and such and they work. I mean, the songs on the album are very unique and different, I don't think that without these kinda happy songs they would suddenly all sound the same and make the album monotonic.

I mean, Chuck kinda keeps that vibe. Even Pieces there is kinda like a more dark and sad ballad, rather than a happy With Me ballad. It has more of a downer vibe to it. What Am I to Say for example has a different vibe, kinda like the one in With Me.. so thinking about it, Chuck maintained to be a pretty dark album without songs such as TFYTG and BYDWK like in SBM, but anyway they are cool. I'm surprised these songs came out without any input from Cone, cuz Cone always says in interviews how the things he writes are just mostly sound like this alternative/garage rock thing so he just uses them for Operation MD cuz he knows it's not Sum 41's sound but these two songs are very much Operation MD like!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Hentaiman wrote:these two songs are very much Operation MD like!
I really don't think so. Sayonara was the only OpMD song I liked and it was wayyy to upbeat and punky for this album. TFYTG & BYDWK are slightly more upbeat than the rest of the songs, granted, but they are more rocky than punky. These songs fit into the album because they have the same sick, warped sense of humor as the rest of the songs, and actually have quite dark undertones if you look into them enough. I think they are perfect in shifting the balance of the album while maintaining the same image. They are only indie songs if you view them as one.
fuck this signature nonsense
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Gregorovich wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:these two songs are very much Operation MD like!
I really don't think so. Sayonara was the only OpMD song I liked and it was wayyy to upbeat and punky for this album. TFYTG & BYDWK are slightly more upbeat than the rest of the songs, granted, but they are more rocky than punky. These songs fit into the album because they have the same sick, warped sense of humor as the rest of the songs, and actually have quite dark undertones if you look into them enough. I think they are perfect in shifting the balance of the album while maintaining the same image. They are only indie songs if you view them as one.
Well, i'm saying that to say that they are very much indie/garage rock like, and I'm quite surprised they have no input from Cone, considering they are the songs by Sum 41 that are most close to being Operation MD influenced which is Cone's songwriting.
n4txO!
Bunkface
First name: Ignacio

Post by n4txO! »

They are two of my favotires but yeah, they sound different than the rest of the album