Sum 41 / SBM discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Re: "Screaming Bloody Murder" Discussion!

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

bizzyd53 wrote:To be a little fair, Muse and MCR started out with their own original sound.
Muse pretty much ripped off Radiohead. MCR sounds like Green Day covering Queen with Smashing Pumpkins image imo.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
bizzyd53
Billy Spleen
First name: David
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by bizzyd53 »

Jesus Christ Supermarket wrote:
bizzyd53 wrote:To be a little fair, Muse and MCR started out with their own original sound.
Muse pretty much ripped off Radiohead. MCR sounds like Green Day covering Queen with Smashing Pumpkins image imo.
You get what I mean. We can keep going on that, but then we'd wind up going back to Willie Dixon and Chuck Berry. Maybe even farther.
Last edited by bizzyd53 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baby, if you give me the world...I'll burn it right down.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hTMVuV45EB4/T ... -Three.jpg[/imgwidth]
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
41ariley wrote:Heres the difference Muse are shit, MCR are shit, Sum 41 are not.
the truth is that you talk too much,and it's all bullshit ...

and btw what are you fuckers still talking about ?? If D got a little influenced with MCR and Muse,wtf who cares ?? They're both amazing bands
call me when he gets influenced with Lady Gaga,Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber - then we can talk about it ...

this talk about similarities is such a fucking bullshit...this is Sum 41,they bring us something different with every album,but no matter how different it is we can still feel SUM 41,and isn't that why we love 'em ??
lol your such a dick, but your a dick who's right. We can continue to talk about this if we want, so stfu
I am always right,I know,and you can talk as much as you want,you won't change the sound of the album or get any smarter...I just don't feel like reading these kind of posts 'MCR and Muse suck,Sum 41 is the only band that rocks! ...
it kinda reminds me of that spanish teen girl that Andrea posted here weeks ago ...her intention was to get an awfully truthful message out to the people,message that Justin Bieber is awesome,and Metallica is just fucking noise ...
what will we find out here soon ? we already know that MCR or Muse suck ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
MetalMilitant41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
41ariley wrote:Heres the difference Muse are shit, MCR are shit, Sum 41 are not.

and btw what are you fuckers still talking about ?? If D got a little influenced with MCR and Muse,wtf who cares ?? They're both amazing bands
call me when he gets influenced with Lady Gaga,Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber - then we can talk about it ...

this talk about similarities is such a fucking bullshit...this is Sum 41,they bring us something different with every album,but no matter how different it is we can still feel SUM 41,and isn't that why we love 'em ??
lol your such a dick, but your a dick who's right. We can continue to talk about this if we want, so stfu
I am always right,I know,and you can talk as much as you want,you won't change the sound of the album or get any smarter...I just don't feel like reading these kind of posts 'MCR and Muse suck,Sum 41 is the only band that rocks! ...
it kinda reminds me of that spanish teen girl that Andrea posted here weeks ago ...her intention was to get an awfully truthful message out to the people,message that Justin Bieber is awesome,and Metallica is just fucking noise ...
But they don't, of course nothing will change it. And I love sound and I hate how people here are like Sum 41 are the best and everyone else is shit cause thats just bullshit. Muse are amazing and MCR are very good, Sum 41 aren't the best band in the world we know this, but they're very underrated and ignored musically.

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

MetalMilitant41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
MetalMilitant41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:

But they don't, of course nothing will change it. And I love sound and I hate how people here are like Sum 41 are the best and everyone else is shit cause thats just bullshit. Muse are amazing and MCR are very good, Sum 41 aren't the best band in the world we know this, but they're very underrated and ignored musically.
well not only them ;) but I think Sum 41 is doing very very well ...they lyrically don't give a shit about managment of the band and they are still able to have 8 000 fans in France ! I think that label doesn't find it any cool,but anyway,fuck the label :winkwink:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jesus Christ Supermarket
Hooch
First name: Scott

Post by Jesus Christ Supermarket »

bizzyd53 wrote:
You get what I mean. We can keep going on that, but then we'd wind up going back to Willie Dixon and Chuck Berry. Maybe even farther.
I'm just saying, neither bands have "original" sounds, just their own styles.
Last Listened to:
Radiohead- Amnesiac
9/10
Favorite song: Pyramid Song/ Knives Out
bizzyd53
Billy Spleen
First name: David
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by bizzyd53 »

bizzyd53 wrote:
I'm just saying, neither bands have "original" sounds, just their own styles.
Yeah, that's what I meant. My bad.
Baby, if you give me the world...I'll burn it right down.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hTMVuV45EB4/T ... -Three.jpg[/imgwidth]
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

I personallly dislike MCR, they have some alright songs but other than that i just don't like there style.
That's just my personal opinion though.
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

A rare video where shows Deryck and Steve with the first formation of the Sum 41 in 1998, playing in the program Jonopalooza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuiA74D2_jA

I do not know where to post this, so I posted this topic!
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

usmari_41 wrote:A rare video where shows Deryck and Steve with the first formation of the Sum 41 in 1998, playing in the program Jonopalooza.

lol at first I was like WTF? But then I noticed Steve at the drums and the kid jumping around like crazy is Deryck. That was hilarious! Too bad it is out of sync.

Edit: Haha, Greig Nori was also there, playing with his band Treble Charger.
(17:40)
Last edited by Simon on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
punkbassist31
First name: Lawrence
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Trumpet

Post by punkbassist31 »

Sum 41 is still the best band on the show by far hahaha
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

As much as we all love Sum 41, they're certainly my favorite band, you would be ignorant to say that the musicality of a band like Muse is lower. Muse can write some amazing, original material.

Sum 41 rock, but they haven't really brought anything musically revolutional to the scene. Hopefully Screaming Bloody Murder is changing that.
usmari_41
Bunkface
First name: Bruna Usmari
AKA: Bruna Usmari
Twitter: brunausmari

Post by usmari_41 »

SCANS - DERYCK Eyescream Magazine .. thanks @Luv_Sum41JP

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

Simon wrote:
usmari_41 wrote:A rare video where shows Deryck and Steve with the first formation of the Sum 41 in 1998, playing in the program Jonopalooza.

lol at first I was like WTF? But then I noticed Steve at the drums and the kid jumping around like crazy is Deryck. That was hilarious! Too bad it is out of sync.

this is fucking history man! Who's the singer? And what year is this?
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

lol get the fuck out
BrandonCorey
Ma Poubelle

Post by BrandonCorey »

I'd actually rather see people compare sum 41 to muse rather than the usual blink/green day/mcr
kevin5064
Hooch

Post by kevin5064 »

BrandonCorey wrote:
Simon wrote:

this is fucking history man! Who's the singer? And what year is this?
someone should post this to the news page or the TNS twitter account. i'd like to see the band comment on this video. i haven't heard them say much about the other singer they used to have. i'm sure deryck is somewhat bitter about the topic
Simon
Dr. Dynamite
n00b: Mitch
AKA: schlafanzyk
Instrument 1: Drums
Twitter: schlafanzyk

Post by Simon »

I think Deryck talked about this in one of the studio updates. He only began doing the vocals, because their singer quit (luckily, because that guy was terrible haha). But I would still like to know what they remember about this. Must be weird to find out that this footage even still exists.
,,Artist? Come on now... I hit things for a living!"
- Stevo32

MMhhhh... sswwwshhhh... just can't get enough of that coke... aawbrrrrrbr ...
keefer
First name: Keefe

Post by keefer »

[/quote]

Sunvisors for the win!
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet

Post by Aaron »

I’m guessing that’s Richard Roy singing?
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)