warped tour id dead

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
shadowred3
First name: jonah
warped tour id dead

Post by shadowred3 »

warped is dead and we all know it, ya there always a few old school punk bands and plain out amazing bands thier every year (sum 41~!!!) but other than that its dyin. i mean i see stars? you and me at six? never shout never? its falling into the whole pop punk thing,

also if you could make your own tour what bands would you haveplay in it?
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: warped tour id dead

Post by Emil »

Just give the tour to Dave Grohl. He has enough bands to fill the tour.
Mr-David-Blues
Dr. Rocco
First name: David
Instrument 1: Geetar
Instrument 2: Vocalization

Post by Mr-David-Blues »

Emil wrote:Just give the tour to Dave Grohl. He has enough bands to fill the tour.
lol
shadowred3 wrote:warped is dead and we all know it, ya there always a few old school punk bands and plain out amazing bands thier every year (sum 41~!!!) but other than that its dyin. i mean i see stars? you and me at six? never shout never? its falling into the whole pop punk thing,

also if you could make your own tour what bands would you haveplay in it?
theres quite alot of good band there
such as Anti-flag, Dropkick Murphys, Motion City Soundtrack, Reel Big Fish, Four Year Strong, Enter Shikari, Alkaline Trio

and you have to have something that will suit every1 on a tour i mean 3oh3! are there this year
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

3OH!3 still exists?? lol I thought they disappeared from existance after their quick heyday. nobody and I mean NOBODY in my school at all this year was wearing any 3OH!3 shirts or talking about them, no facebook statuses, nothing. a big change from when they were popular, you couldn't get away from 3OH!3, not even at school!
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

I See Stars is amazing.
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Shelley41
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Shelley

Post by Shelley41 »

but I'd still love to go to Warped Tour if we had one over here.

SARAH IS MY WIFE. DEAL WITH IT.
http://therearetoomanyurlstaken.tumblr.com/
Jenna
First name: Jenna
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Jenna »

sum 41 off with a lil pop punk, plus warped tour is the chance for good bands to get noticed, there just happens to be some sucky bands that end up too, but i gotta say i don't know what bands like nevershoutnever is doin there
Maybe nothin else will ever be so clear, or maybe that's only my fear. If just for one day I wish I could disappear. Just take me far from here.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Shut up. The original bands don't go on the tour as much anymore because the tour started years ago. Do you realize how much the music industry has changed since those days? It isn't the warped tour that is dead, it's punk that is dead. You're confused. Warped tour caters to bands that people enjoy hearing, and smaller bands that want to be seen by loads of people who normally wouldn't see live because they've never heard of them.

The line up this year is better than last year, except maybe the huge bands on the tour. This year's headlining set is kind of weak, but there's loads of great options. An example is a band called In Fear & Faith. They just dropped their second record, and they are shredding at warped right now.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Peterr
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Peter

Post by Peterr »

Kyle! wrote:An example is a band called In Fear & Faith. They just dropped their second record, and they are shredding at warped right now.
Is it worth stealing?
iemnaiz
Chuck
First name: ZIAN

Post by iemnaiz »

sumfan4 wrote:3OH!3 still exists?? lol I thought they disappeared from existance after their quick heyday. nobody and I mean NOBODY in my school at all this year was wearing any 3OH!3 shirts or talking about them, no facebook statuses, nothing. a big change from when they were popular, you couldn't get away from 3OH!3, not even at school!
i wanted to burn mine after listening to my first kiss!
withchappedlips

Just Peter wrote:
Kyle! wrote:An example is a band called In Fear & Faith. They just dropped their second record, and they are shredding at warped right now.
Is it worth stealing?
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1751862

Read review. Read comments. You decide.

[donate][/donate]
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

Kyle! wrote:Shut up. The original bands don't go on the tour as much anymore because the tour started years ago. Do you realize how much the music industry has changed since those days? It isn't the warped tour that is dead, it's punk that is dead. You're confused. Warped tour caters to bands that people enjoy hearing, and smaller bands that want to be seen by loads of people who normally wouldn't see live because they've never heard of them.

The line up this year is better than last year, except maybe the huge bands on the tour. This year's headlining set is kind of weak, but there's loads of great options. An example is a band called In Fear & Faith. They just dropped their second record, and they are shredding at warped right now.
I was waiting for this post. <3
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

Kyle! wrote:Shut up. The original bands don't go on the tour as much anymore because the tour started years ago. Do you realize how much the music industry has changed since those days? It isn't the warped tour that is dead, it's punk that is dead. You're confused. Warped tour caters to bands that people enjoy hearing, and smaller bands that want to be seen by loads of people who normally wouldn't see live because they've never heard of them.

That is so true. I think Kevin Lyman said in an interview a while ago that the reason there aren't any "punk" bands on the tour is because the bands that were on when the tour started is kind of old now and there hasn't really come up any new punk bands in the last 5 years.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Charley
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Shut the hell up about In Fear & Faith they suck.
marcus10
Bunkface
First name: Marcus

Post by marcus10 »

If I could see Sum 41 and Anti-flag the same day I would be the happiest boy in the earth
Aaron
Underclass Hero
First name: Aaron
360 Gamer Tag: xRG West
Instrument 1: Trumpet
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by Aaron »

yeah, sum 41, dropkick, streetlght, anti-flag, casualties, flatfoot, fff, gbh, pennywise. sure, there's always gonna be some crap in the lineup, you just got pick through it a little.
"Nice Guys Finish Last" -Leo Durocher
My masters are Still Waiting and Madjid
My Brothers and Sisters are Jake, Sara, and Heather.
My Noobs are Sum41Ant27 turtlehobopirate. My Grand-Noob is GutterDreams.
We have a messed up family :)
shadowred3

Post by shadowred3 »

Da_Aman wrote:yeah, sum 41, dropkick, streetlght, anti-flag, casualties, flatfoot, fff, gbh, pennywise. sure, there's always gonna be some crap in the lineup, you just got pick through it a little.
ya but more and more its becoming a pop core scene, i wish someone would start a tour or festible like reading or download in the states
Emil
Underclass Hero

Post by Emil »

shadowred3 wrote:
Da_Aman wrote:yeah, sum 41, dropkick, streetlght, anti-flag, casualties, flatfoot, fff, gbh, pennywise. sure, there's always gonna be some crap in the lineup, you just got pick through it a little.
ya but more and more its becoming a pop core scene, i wish someone would start a tour or festible like reading or download in the states
Reading also takes on the most mainstream acts at the time. And you can't excepect to like all 90 bands on the tour. If were to see four of my favourite bands for whatever it costs in one day i'd be happy.
withchappedlips

ThanksForTheVenom wrote:Shut the hell up about In Fear & Faith they suck.
There are album reviews that agree with my opinion on IFAF. They are a great band.
Emil wrote: That is so true. I think Kevin Lyman said in an interview a while ago that the reason there aren't any "punk" bands on the tour is because the bands that were on when the tour started is kind of old now and there hasn't really come up any new punk bands in the last 5 years.
The closest thing to "punk" that has happened in a while is Set Your Goals and Four Year Strong...
Warped isn't a punk tour. The reason it started out as a seemingly punk tour was because there were countless punk bands back then. The tour is just a tour for both big and small bands that want to play festival style atmospheres. Notice why the tour accepts artists like Mike Posner and The Millionaires. It's because the tour caters to everyone. It isn't just a punk tour. People need to start realizing that.

[donate][/donate]
shadowred3

Post by shadowred3 »

Emil wrote:
shadowred3 wrote:
Reading also takes on the most mainstream acts at the time. And you can't excepect to like all 90 bands on the tour. If were to see four of my favourite bands for whatever it costs in one day i'd be happy.
in retro spect what if ther WAS a tour with all 90 bands being amazing????