Plus 44 VS AvA

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Re: Plus 44 VS AvA

Post by V »

Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... wrote:i've always thought that BOX CAR RACER was a shitty idea , it was blink 182 without Mark , that's all , a side project with two band members out of three ? no wonder Blink split up after all, thank god Travis stuck with Mark.

If Cone and Steve started a new band , and they'll get like ..... i dunno Hayley Williams from Paramore as lead singer/ guitar player , and Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold as a lead guitar , then I'm Soooooooo Over Sum 41 , and i'll open up a brand new TheresNoSolution kinda website , and you'll all be my NOOBS , i'm gonna be the ADMIN , the MOD ..... everything ......God ! that will be cool , okay back to reality , If Cone and Stevo started a side project without Deryck , will you guys back it up ?

me , i wouldn't , at least not at this particular moment .
Can I work with you on your site?

CAN I CAN I?!
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Mike
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Mike »

ava is so much better
Nettn

Post by Nettn »

Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... wrote:i've always thought that BOX CAR RACER was a shitty idea , it was blink 182 without Mark , that's all , a side project with two band members out of three ? no wonder Blink split up after all, thank god Travis stuck with Mark.

If Cone and Steve started a new band , and they'll get like ..... i dunno Hayley Williams from Paramore as lead singer/ guitar player , and Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold as a lead guitar , then I'm Soooooooo Over Sum 41 , and i'll open up a brand new TheresNoSolution kinda website , and you'll all be my NOOBS , i'm gonna be the ADMIN , the MOD ..... everything ......God ! that will be cool , okay back to reality , If Cone and Stevo started a side project without Deryck , will you guys back it up ?

me , i wouldn't , at least not at this particular moment .
BCR really fucked up Blink 182, I know. But BCR was never ment to go on tour or realease a record.
I read an article where Travis said that the president of the recordlabel they were sign at, was a dickhead and made them go on tour and release a record so he could make money on it. So it was kind of a forced thing, and ofcourse Mark felt left out, and I completely understand that. When Tom was recording the BCR songs, he did the guitars, vocals, and bass, but he needed a drummer to record the drums quickly and he knew Travis could do that, so he asked him and he said yes. Then the dickhead president comes along and tells to go on tour with it and realease the record. Thats what Travis said in that atricle, and what Tom has said in interviews so I guess thats true. And Blink 182 was never the same after that
Last edited by Nettn on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...
AKA: NOT madjid

Post by Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... »

V wrote: Can I work with you on your site?

CAN I CAN I?!
Sure you can buddy :hehe:
Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum...
AKA: NOT madjid

Post by Young,Dumb,And Full Of Cum... »

Nettn wrote:
BCR really fucked up Blink 182, I know. But BCR was never ment to go on tour or realease a record.
I read an article where Travis said that the president of the recordlabel they were sign at, was a dickhead and made them go on tour and release a record so he could make money on it. So it was kind of a forced thing, and ofcourse Mark felt left out, and I completely understand that. When Tom was recording the BCR songs, he did the guitars, vocals, and bass, but he needed a drummer to record the drums quickly and he knew Travis could do that, so he asked him and he said yes. Then the dickhead president comes along and tells to go on tour with it and realease the record. Thats what Travis said in that atricle, and what Tom has said in interviews so I guess thats true. And Blink 182 was never the same after that
You're 100 % right , thanks for clearing that up, coz i was just guessing .
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

They both fucking suck.

Box Car Racer has the best lyrics Tom has ever written on paper, not AVA. Box Car Racer is exactly what Tom should be making right now. Not some shitty wannabe experimental group. What's worse is, the band went from a mediocre record, to an even worse record. I-Empire was completely rushed, and doesn't have any lasting power at ALL. It has one or two DECENT songs. WDNTW has The Adventure, which is actually a good song. That's the only one, though.

This is coming from someone who has been obsessed with Blink music from the time he was 8 to the time he was 13. This is coming from someone who has seen AVA live 2 or 3 times, and used to be obsessed with the band.

+44 is pathetic. The band fucked themselves when they thought an electronic sound would be a good idea. They are a bit better than AVA, but only because they didn't try to do something entirely different.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Ansem
Billy Spleen

Post by Ansem »

But that's your opinion. xD
spider-man
Hooch

Post by spider-man »

well blink 182 is better then both, you just can't beat the sound of tom and mark singing together. but I do have to say I just plain like the music of AVA better then plus 44. not picking sides, just what I think.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Ansem wrote:But that's your opinion. xD
My opinion is 100% correct, thank you.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

Goodnight Nurse wrote:
Please don't tell me that someone that says that is a mod on my website...

Oh... Darn
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

V wrote:
Goodnight Nurse wrote:

Oh... Darn
:lol!: PWNT

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Goodnight Nurse wrote:Box Car Racer has the best lyrics Tom has ever written on paper, not AVA. Box Car Racer is exactly what Tom should be making right now. Not some shitty wannabe experimental group. What's worse is, the band went from a mediocre record, to an even worse record. I-Empire was completely rushed, and doesn't have any lasting power at ALL. It has one or two DECENT songs. WDNTW has The Adventure, which is actually a good song. That's the only one, though.
Yes, I loved Box Car Racer. It is actually a concept album? I heard that from somewhere (probably Wikipedia) and after listening to the album straight through, I could see a story somewhat.
Bass Cone
Underclass Hero
First name: Brittany
Instrument 1: French Horn
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by Bass Cone »

Gibsum 41 wrote:
V wrote:
Goodnight Nurse wrote:

Oh... Darn
:lol!: PWNT
:agreed:
boof
Bunkface
First name: Chelsea

Post by boof »

i like +44 way more than AVA.
AVA trys to do too much with the whole experimental/effects thing i think and it just all becomes too much. The overly long, drawn out intros, the over use of the spacey sci-fi effects just annoy the hell out of me, i really can't listen to it. Im not saying the songs themselves are all bad, i have an acoustic cover of the entire WDNTW album this german guy did and i actually quite enjoy sitting back and listening to the whole WDNTW album once you strip the songs back to their bare bones and get rid of all the pretentious crap tom has overloaded the albums with. I was quite excited at the prospect of AVA because I was hoping Tom would continue down the path he was going with BCR because i really think he was onto something with it.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Slither wrote:AvA
I HATE MYSELF AND I WANNA DIE ...