Green Day

Lots of music around nowadays. Want to talk about it?
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Green Day

Post by Gregorovich »

I just realised- TNS doesn't have a Green Day thread! They're my favourite band after Sum 41 and they're hopefully coming out with a new album along the lines of their old mid-90s stuff (WIN).

In the mean time, you can listen to their new live album, Awesome as Fuck, in its entirety at NME.com while you wait for Screaming Bloody Murder!

By the way, BJ Armstrong is one of the greatest frontmen alive today.

Green Day UNO! DOS! TRE! tracklists & links

Click to view the fullsize image.http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1491/udt.png[/imgwidth]

Uno:
1. Nuclear Family
2. Stay The Night
3. Carpe Diem
4. Let Yourself Go
5. Kill The DJ
6. Fell For You
7. Loss Of Control
8. Troublemaker
9. Angel Blue
10. Sweet 16
11. Rusty James
12. Oh Love

Dos:
1. See You Tonight
2. Fuck Time
3. Stop When the Red Lights Flash
4. Lazy Bones
5. Wild One
6. Makeout Party
7. Stray Heart
8. Ashley
9. Baby Eyes
10. Lady Cobra
11. Nightlife
12. Wow, That's Loud
13. Amy

Tre:
1. Brutal Love
2. Missing You
3. 8th Avenue Serenade
4. Drama Queen
5. X-Kid
6. Sex, Drugs & Violence
7. A Little Boy Named Train
8. Amanda
9. Walk Away
10. Dirty Rotten Bastards
11. 99 Revolutions
12. The Forgotten
Last edited by Gregorovich on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 am, edited 55 times in total.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Green Day

Post by samueeL »

Their show was one of the best concerts I've been but honestly, I didn't like Awesome As Fuck at all, I don't know why.
Their new stuff sounds great tho, especially Stay The Night.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

There's too much Green Day hate at 182online. This topic has started off well :P

I was thinking of buying Awesome as Fuck next week when I go to buy SBM. Can you say exactly what you didn't like about it because I don't know if I want to buy it if it's bad lol.

There was also way too much hate for 21st CB. I love that album. I like Billie better now. I honestly prefer American Idiot and 21st to their older albums. Their older albums are nostalgic for me though, they're well liked here in Australia since even their early albums.

So is there an announcemenet for when the new album will be out? I haven't been keeping up to date with their business lately.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Tyler. wrote:I was thinking of buying Awesome as Fuck next week when I go to buy SBM. Can you say exactly what you didn't like about it because I don't know if I want to buy it if it's bad lol.
You seem to be huge fan so you should buy it. I don't know why I exactly don't like it that much. It even has 2 of my favorite songs: Gloria & She. I honestly can't say.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

I love Green Day. Dookie is one of my favorite albums. American Idiot was good.. but 21 CB was not imo. It didn't make me like them any less though lol.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Hmm yeah I'll probably just buy it haha. Did you watch the videos or just listen to the audios? If it was the videos then maybe the editing put you off, but otherwise I don't know lol.
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

I like Green Day, I used to be really into them but not so much anymore. Not because I don't like 21st century breakdown, I actually really like that album. I don't know why.. I just don't listen really listen to them anymore.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

It seems like they're really going into their old style with the new album. Cigarettes & Valentines is a proof to that, although it's a song from the pre-American Idiot sessions from around 2003, but still, the fact that they decided to release it only now, it should fit with the whole oldschool new direction they're taking.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Yeah I'm still not sure whether I prefer their old stuff or new. Insomniac and American Idiot are top/near top of my all time best albums list. In terms of Awesome as Fuck, I really like it and might DL (not buy) but I still think Bullet in a Bible was better.

Good to see they are playing lots more 90s-era music now, and they are playing Kerplunk & older from to 80s as well. Shows their new album will be much more old-school green day (also Billie has started dressing much less like an emo LOL). I hope they put cigarrettes and valentines on their new album.

For those of you who haven't heard, Stay the Night is a good example of things to come.
fuck this signature nonsense
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Hentaiman wrote:It seems like they're really going into their old style with the new album. Cigarettes & Valentines is a proof to that, although it's a song from the pre-American Idiot sessions from around 2003, but still, the fact that they decided to release it only now, it should fit with the whole oldschool new direction they're taking.
So do you think that story about Cigarettes and Valentines (album) being 'stolen' back in 2003 was actually true? I'm confused about that, they say it was stolen but people say they just made it up but I don't get why they'd just make it up.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Tyler. wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:It seems like they're really going into their old style with the new album. Cigarettes & Valentines is a proof to that, although it's a song from the pre-American Idiot sessions from around 2003, but still, the fact that they decided to release it only now, it should fit with the whole oldschool new direction they're taking.
So do you think that story about Cigarettes and Valentines (album) being 'stolen' back in 2003 was actually true? I'm confused about that, they say it was stolen but people say they just made it up but I don't get why they'd just make it up.
they would make it up because they realised they could do much better, and (apparently) released it sans the title track as 'Money Money 2020' by their alter-ego band 'The Network' later that year. Which is what I think happened.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

Gregorovich wrote:
Tyler. wrote:
they would make it up because they realised they could do much better, and (apparently) released it sans the title track as 'Money Money 2020' by their alter-ego band 'The Network' later that year. Which is what I think happened.
I will listen to that album. Maybe they realised they wanted to take a more political and meaningful step with the album so they got rid of it, that does make some sense.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

yeah finally a green day thread
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

I don't feel the same about green day now... I still love them, but when I hear AI and 21CB I feel like they are too perfect... I love the way they sound, but I don't really feel a thing when I listen to them compared to when I listen to the Sums
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

A band needs to get dirty sometimes.
Susanne
Goon

Post by Susanne »

American Idiot is the only album by them that I've actually bothered to download :P I like most songs on it, and I like some songs from the other albums too. So yeah they're pretty good but I'm not much of a fan.
MachineGun41
First name: Carlos
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Last.fm Username: CarlosMcCaslin

Post by MachineGun41 »

182sins wrote:I don't feel the same about green day now... I still love them, but when I hear AI and 21CB I feel like they are too perfect... I love the way they sound, but I don't really feel a thing when I listen to them compared to when I listen to the Sums
+1... I think the same :suicide:

Bloody Murder We Will Scream || PUNK
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Oh yeah I forgot to say I've seen them live too... It was simply AMAZING, to me they are easily the best live band in the world
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by HugoDisasters »

MachineGun41 wrote:
182sins wrote:I don't feel the same about green day now... I still love them, but when I hear AI and 21CB I feel like they are too perfect... I love the way they sound, but I don't really feel a thing when I listen to them compared to when I listen to the Sums
+1... I think the same :suicide:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

182sins wrote:Oh yeah I forgot to say I've seen them live too... It was simply AMAZING, to me they are easily the best live band in the world
I couldn't get standing tickets because they had sold out but it was still probably the best concert I've been to. Muse was about equal, and I was seated for them as well